I'm interested in Liposuction and want to achieve a lean v shape. I'm 41 years old and very active. Any suggestions? (photo)

Liposuction under local with the small canulas can really make a big improvement.

Liposuction when done under local and with the smaller cannulas is so easy to undergo with such great results for roughly for the abdomen and sides. You are back to work in 2 days and back to the gym in 1 week. Sincerely,
 David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Can I have muscle etching or high definition liposuction of my abdomen?

Yes, you can have muscle etching or high definition liposuction of your abdomen. I do this procedure either under tumescent solution or IV sedation. The procedure does take longer than traditional liposuction. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction

To get a lean shape you will need to build more muscle tone.  However, doing a more hi definition procedure can get you less fat and better shape to ensure the muscle tone you develop will be defined.  Please only see an expert who treats a lot of men and is an expert in higher definition procedures.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction

Thank you for the photo and question and there are some great experts in your area of Orange County so go on some consults

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Liposuction

Hi, thanks for sending your pictures and for your inquiry, there are new and innovative techniques that are very useful to achieve a masculine V Shape. Abdominal etching and liposuction in your flanks, probably lower back, will help you sculpting your body into your desire result. Please make sure to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly with your Plastic Surgeon. You and your PS need to be on the same page. Good luck in your PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon 

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

I'm interested in Liposuction and want to achieve a lean v shape. I'm 41 years old and very active. Any suggestions?

I believe that some of us, as plastic surgeons, are taking liposuction one step further into body sculpting and not just debulking fat reduction. A lot of practitioners talk about "body sculpting", but you find this to be more lip service than reality when you review their web sites. On this frontal photo, you do not look overweight and can get an excellent body transforming result from VASER Hi Def liposculpting. This is an advanced technique to sculpt out a "six pack", your obliques, pectoralis major and latissimus dorsi muscles. I often include the arms, otherwise you'll have a chiseled body with flabby arms. See a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in advanced body sculpting techniques for an in person consultation/evaluation. Good luck.

Getting V-shaped

Well-done abdominal liposuction in conjunction with weight loss and continued exercise may get you where you want to be. 

Liposuction alone will be somewhat limited.

Weight loss by itself will not deliver the same results as the combination. Exercise is always great, but you will not show your definition until you get your subcutaneous fat decreased substantially.

My practice is focused almost exclusively on body contouring using liposuction and fat transfer. We have ample experience not only in technical expertise but also in the assessment of patients and in predicting outcomes.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

V shape

I would like to review your past medical history. Reviewing your photo you appear to be an excellent candidate for liposuction.  If you desire a more sculpted and defined look I would recommend Vaser hi-def which defines specific muscle groups...the V shape you referred to. Vaser hi-def reveals the shape of underlying muscle groups.  I really enjoy reviewing all these options so you can decide what is best for you.

Michael A. Giuffrida, MD
Venice Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Sculpting

You appear to be in good shape and now it's time to sculpt. Your abdomen, flanks, and love handles will be a great starting point. Chest and armpit sculpting will result in more upper body definition.  An in-person consultation is next for you. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Lean

Liposuction will help remove some of the excess abdominal fat. Weight training will help to give you more definition of your muscles. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your concerns.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon