How to prevent hair loss for men? (Photo)

I'm male 21 and I already have noticable sideburns on my hair. I have long hair since I was like 10 years old and I would really like to keep my long hair. I'm using coconut oil before every wash and I'm using IHT 9 shampoo and I tried dozens shampoos for hair loss but nothing seems to work.

How to prevent hair loss for men?

Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated.  Stem cells are one of the most popular topics in the science area and it is a well-known fact that the life was built on the shoulders of these cells. Stem cells are used in treatment of many diseases today. Aesthetic plastic surgery is another area that stem cells are used for their advantages. Stem cells are obtained from the own adipose tissue of the patient. It can be stated that stem cells transferred to another place in the body yields rejuvenating, refreshing and repairing effects on the tissue. “Organic Hair Transplantation” method uses the advantages of the stem cells at the maximum level.

If you are losing hair and want treatment options you should schedule a consultation with a doctor.

If you are losing hair and want treatment options you should schedule a consultation with a doctor.  You need a diagnosis before considering treatment options.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair Loss Treatments and Preventatives

Depending upon candidacy there are several efficacious hair loss treatments available. We offer non surgical PRP, or platelet rich plasma injections which have the potential  to increase hair growth by stimulating the hair follicles in both male and females, Capillus laser therapy which can increase hair volume by up to 20%  while preventing  future hair loss, topicals and supplements, as well as surgical methods like follicular unit transplant and follicular unit extraction when needed. My goal as a hair restoration surgeon is to work closely with my patients to determine what is causing their hair loss and what is best treatment option for their individual need and long term goals.

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Hair loss in men

Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the best test to get will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Prevent hair loss. ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS NJ

in my opinion, the FDA approved combination of Propecia and minoxidil are excellent at preventing hair loss. Low level laser has been recently studied and is somewhat effective. We have used PRP on younger individuals with great success. PRP is not FDA-approved for this indication but can decrease hair loss and increase the size of the hair shaft. Regrowth is seen in recently dormant hairs. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

How to prevent further hair loss

Hello.There are many things that can contribute to your hair loss. It can be genetic, stress related, medical condition. My advise is to visit a  doctor who specializes in hair loss in order to find out the actual cause of your hair thinning. Once the cause for your hair loss is determined we can decide what is the best treatment to follow to prevent the hair loss to advance and restore it.Treatments like PRP and laser therapy as well as medication are the most common solutions, but it all depends on the reason for your hair thinning.Best of lucks

William Yates, MD
Buffalo Grove Hair Restoration Surgeon