How Long to Wait for Brazilian Butt Lift Revision?

I Had a Brazilian Butt Lift 4 Months Ago. How Long Do I Have to Wait Before I Can Have Another Brazilian Butt Lift Done Again?

Brazilian Butt Lift Revision

While there is no scientifically determined time you must wait before having a Brazilian Butt Lift revision, it is recommended you wait at least 6 months - 12 months before undergoing a Brazilian Butt Lift revision.

We know that only about 60-70% of fat transferred to the buttocks will survive long term, and it will take at least 3-6 months before the amount of surviving fat has stabilized

Additionally, it will take at least 6-12 months before the swelling and inflammation associated with the liposuction necessary to obtain the fat for transfer has resolved.  

Thus, I recommend that you wait at least 6-12 months before undergoing a revision Brazilian Butt Lift.  This will allow sufficient time for your actual postoperative result to be evaluated and for repeat liposuction to be performed safely.  Undergoing a revision Brazilian Butt Lift before 6-12 months will likely increase your risk of complications and increase the likelihood of your continued dissatisfaction. 

I know it will be difficult to wait this amount of time if you are unhappy with your current results, however, doing so will increase your chances of future satisfaction.  I wish you the best.

Jaime Perez, M.D.

Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist

Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa, Florida

How Long Should I Wait Before Revising My Brazilian Butt Lift

The majority of patients that have a Brazilian Butt Lift surgery performed are extremely happy.  However occasionally patients do not receive the aesthetic result that they were hoping for from their procedure.  This can be for any of several reasons such as the patient is very thin so there was a limited amount of fat, or the fat did not take as well as the surgeon and patient were hoping.  First of all I would wait at least six months before proceeding with any type of revision.  This time will allow all the swelling and scar tissue to settle.  Then both you and the surgeon will know exactly what the results are and he or she can give you options to improve the results.  Doing surgery before this point is typically a moving target as your body is still changing from surgery.  Also giving your body this time to heal will allow the scar tissue from liposuction and fat transfer a chance to heal so that the next surgery can be as precise as possible.  There are several ways to go about enhancing the results of your Brazilian Butt Lift depending on the individual desires of the patient.  The first and most common is a second session of liposuction and fat transfer.  In patients that have enough fat this is a great option as the liposuction will further sculpt their body and then the fat can be used to add volume and enhance the appearance of the buttock.  However if patients are too thin and there is a limited amount of fat available then other options will need to be considered such as butt implants.  The implants are a great option for thin patients and for patients that have an extremely flat buttock.  There are a wide range of implants that can be used add shape and volume to the buttock after a Brazilian Butt Lift (fat transfer) surgery. Many patients that come see me get a combination of fat transfer and butt implants to improve the results from their previous Brazilian Butt Lift.  Though the exact treatment plan depends on the individual patient. The good news is that there are options to enhance your buttock.  Please consult with your board certified plastic surgeon that performs a high volume of butt augmentation surgeries. 

Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you for your question.  To do another Brazilian Butt Lift you need to wait at least 6 months between surgeries.  You still have swelling to the surgical areas and some of the fat will not survive.  Please discuss your concerns with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon at your follow up appointment.  

Thank you for your question .
There is no exact time for this procedure but i recommend at least 6 months, and what you should do while waiting is gain the weight needed to have the results you are looking. 

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Revision after Brazilian butt lift?

I'm not sure what are your concerns. Did you loose volume, are you uneven or something else is going on? If you want further increase in volume you can have further fat grafting about 6 months from your previous procedure assuming you still have donor areas to collect fat. If you are unhappy with your results, then you need to see your surgeon to discuss your issues or seek a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon. Brazilian butt lifts are very popular procedures and as is true with many things in the US, a lot of people jump on the band wagon weather they have the training and skills or not to do the procedure.

When can you repeat The Brazilian Butt LIft?

There really is no period of time that you must wait. If you see some increase in size of your buttocks after the first procedure, then I usually suggest that patients wait about 6 months before they have it repeated to allow for the swelling to be gone so we can see where you need more volume as well as to be sure we don't damage the existing fat cells that are still in the healing process.
If you think that all of your transplanted fat has been reabsorbed then you can have the procedure repeated at any time as long as you still have more fat to be removed from other parts of your body.
Good luck