Would Brazilian Butt Lift Help Fix my Hips? (photo)

I am a 20 year old female and I’m considering a Brazilian butt lift, but I’m not sure if it will fix my concerns.

My buttocks are fine, perky and full. I wouldn't mind them being a little bigger. I just have no hips and I feel as though it throws my whole silhouette off. (I also feel like I may be asymmetrical)

My measurements are 34-26-34. I would love for my measurements to be 34-24-37. Any suggestions? Would a Brazilian butt lift fix my hipless problem or should I consider another procedure?

Fat transfer to the hips

You have the common lateral depression on your hips that is very common in some patients. This lateral depression (side depression) can be fixed with fat injection. As a matter of fact, fat injection during a Brazilian butt lift is not only injected into the buttocks but also on the hips. This will create a nice blend of the hips and butt resulting in nicer and fuller buttocks. I routinely inject fat on the hips during a Brazilian butt lift. This procedure can be tailored to the needs of the patient by a skillful surgeon.

I'm sure about it!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that your hips and buttocks are both fine. Yes, you may have some asymmetry, but asymmetry is very natural and probably 100% of us have asymmetries in our faces and bodies. You should save your money and don't forget that surgery is not only costly, it carries risks to your health. Good luck!

I Recommend a Denver Buttock Lift

There are many good answers by other surgeons to your question, so I will focus my answer specifically on your concerns and the photo that you submitted (which is very helpful).
In my Denver area practice, I believe that the combination of liposuction and fat transfer to the buttocks can provide powerful tools for improving the buttock aesthetics.The video above shows one of my patient's results when focusing on body contouring in addition to adding volume in the buttocks. This patient had two previous butt augmentation surgeries prior to the BBL we performed to achieve her desired results.

I agree that the buttocks are "fine, perky and full," and can see some asymmetry with a somewhat imbalanced shape on the right.
Here are some possible options I would consider:
--Use liposuction to sculpt the small of the back and the upper hips (this significantly impacts the aesthetics of the buttock appearance)
--Contour the right lower hip and upper thigh area with both liposuction and fat transfer (to a shape more like the left)
--Consider rounding off the inner aspect of the buttock crease area with a small amount of liposuction
--Use fat transfer to the buttock for volume and shape enhancement
--Consider liposuction to the lateral thighs at their lower aspect
My friend Dr. Constantino Mendieta in Miami has done great work in helping to define the buttock aesthetics and to share his insights with other surgeons. His website has a lot of information on this topic.
Hope this helps

Fat grafting to hips

Thank you for including you photo.  I think you would get a grest result with liposuction of the love handles and fat grafting to the hips.  This would address both your waist and hips!

You need fat transferred to hips

This is a cultural and personal taste.

The answer is you can have the fat transferred to the indented hips. You do have good buttocks, but need a little at the hips to round the area.

You have fat above the buttock, and the abdomen may also be a fat source for filling the hips.

Yes

Hi there-

I agree with my colleague-

The Brazilian Butt Lift term describes a technique in which fat is liposuctioned from one area of relative excess and transferred to an area where more fulness is desired. In the case of the BBL, this is usually from the abdomen/hips/thighs to the buttock area, but the same technique can be used for other areas as well, as in the case of transferring to your hips.

It is important that you find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with experience doing this, but the procedure should be possible given your apparently excellent skin tone.

Brazilian Butt Lift Techniques to Fix Hips

Thanks for the question unsureaboutit -

You are correct that the same concept of fat transfer to your buttocks can be used to improve your hip contour.

In my San Francisco area practice we routinely analyze and discuss the hips as a part of the Brazilian Buttock Lift. Fat transfer and selected liposuction can be a fantastic way to emphasize your curves. We also use these techniques for scar contour correction.

Based on your picture it does seem like you have some asymmetry - in that the right hip seems not quite as full.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon with experience with this procedure.

Fat To The Hips?

Thank you for your question! You would absolutely benefit from a fat grafting to your lateral hips! The Brazilian Butt Lift with body contouring would fit you perfectly.  Just make sure you find a board certified plastic surgeon who understands your concerns.  Best of luck!

Dr Dhaval Patel
Double Board Certified
Plastic Surgeon 
Chicago 
Hoffman Estates
Oak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift and Fat Grafting to the Lateral Hips

Thank you for your question and supporting photograph.  If you desire a curvier figure with larger hips and some more buttock volume, a fat transfer procedure would work well for you.  I do see that you have some depression of the lateral hips, and when I perform a Brazilian Butt Lift procedure I often inject fat into the hip region as well to provide for a better silhouette and even blending.  I would recommend consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is well-experienced in performing fat grafting procedures.  With good experience and an eye for great contour, your surgeon should be able to correct the lateral hip depressions given that you have enough excess fat to do so.  Good luck!

Would Brazilian Butt Lift Help Fix my Hips?

Thank you for the question and picture,

You may be a candidate for the BBL procedure. However, a physical exam is really needed to make any recommendations. The amount of volume that can be added to your buttock will be limited by the amount of excess fat you have in your donor sites. The posterior flanks are a great reservoir of donor fat for the BBL procedure. The BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.

Orlando Llorente, MD