Will Bruising from Brazilian Butt Lift Affect my Skin?

I had a Brazilian butt lift done about a month ago. I'm still bruised--no pain at all just bruised. I was wondering if the bruises will affect my skin? Will it get darker or so?

Will Bruising after my Brazilian Butt Lift permanently change my skin's appearance?

Hi there-

In almost all cases, bruising after any surgical procedure is a temporary problem that requires no more than time to correct itself.

Very rarely, if enough blood has collected in the tissues and in certain skin types, if the bruising takes a long time to resolve, some of the pigment from the bruise may be deposited in the skin.

I can tell you that in a large number of these operations at this point, I have never had a patient experience this problem though. Brazilian Butt Lift patients are among the very happiest in my practice, as the improvement is real and permanent.

I would drink plenty of water, as good hydration will assist your body in flushing the tissues of impurities and the excess bloody fluid in the bruises.

Congratulations on your new shape!

The bruising usually resolves after 2-3 weeks. Please follow up with your doctor as these issues require the attention of a plastic surgeon.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Bruising after brazilian buttock lift is temporary

Bruising after any type of surgery is generally temporary and can take up to two or three weeks to completely resolve. There are a few ways to expedite the healing process by taking Arnica tablets or applying Arnica gel to the affected area. Also, pineapple juice has an enzyme which helps to break down the by products which cause bruising.  Best wishes, Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Bruising after Brazilian Butt Lift almost always temporary.

You should expect to see swelling and bruising after Brazilian Butt lift. Your skin will appear discolored from the bruising but this almost always goes away on its own. It is extremely rare for bruising to affect the skin.

For more information on Brazilian butt lifts or butt augmentation, please schedule an iConsult or visit us online at the link below.

Normal bruising can last up to 6-8 weeks

Bruising is always a temporary thing. Some get more bruising than others, and for some it lasts longer than others. In almost all cases it will go away entirely. In some rare cases (less than 1%) it can result in Hemosiderin deposits. These can last for years and are tough to get rid of. But fortunately are rare. Normal bruising can last up to 6-8 weeks. So, be patient.

Bruising Concerns

There will be bruising in many areas that are liposuctioned or fat grafted as well as in adjacent or dependent areas. For example, you will also note bruising and swelling in the back of your thighs and your genitalia. This is not because these areas were actually liposuctioned. However, bruises usually move downward due to gravity, and can thus temporarily accumulate in the genitalia. Occasionally, bruising can last a long time or even lead to permanent skin pigmentation. Sun tanning immediately after surgery can cause these bruises to become permanent skin stains.

Bruising and Brazilian Buttock enhancement

You can bruise significantly from multiple areas of liposuction.

These bruises may take a long time to resolve in some skin about 6-12 weeks. If the pigmentation lasts beyond 12 weeks then it is Hemosidrin (Iron Oxide) pigment which can resolve over a year. Bleaching agents may be used but in theory should not affect the Hemosidrin. Even laser will not affect the iron oxide.

Brazillian Butt Lift Bruising

In general it should not affect the color of your skin. I do have to say that everyone heals differently and it really depends on how bad the bruising is and if there is a collection of blood underneath. But that is very rare.

In general, not having seen how bad your bruising is, I would say that you will likely be fine.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD