Is there anyway to make a Tummy Tuck without losing hair? I heard people lose hair after surgery

Hair loss

Anything that induces stress can result in some hair loss in a small percentage of patients. However there is no correlation between a specific procedure and hair loss. I would discuss this with your surgeon and anesthesiologist. I would also let them know if you have any personal or family history of hair loss with stress.
Good Luck!

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Hair loss and surgery

Some hair loss may be due to the stress of surgery, and this usually improves with time.. But there is no correlation to a specific procedure.

Is there anyway to make a Tummy Tuck without losing hair?

Generally the tummy tuck raises and rejuvenates the pubic area, and you lose a little bit of pubic hair on the top portion. Most people get a Brazilian or wax and are clean shaved, but we should not be judgemental about your personal preferences. Just kidding. If you mean hair on your head, then it is not usual to lose hair if you are on the proper vitamins, etc. Check out nutrafol for a good set of vitamins that you can order online to prevent hair loss and promote healthy hair growth. I am using these myself to grow hair.

Mahmood Kara, MD

Hair loss after surgery

Hi RicardoThis is an interesting question.  I have had a very small number of women (only) report thinning of hair temporarily after undergoing general anesthesia.  I haven't noted a correlation with a specific procedure or length of procedure.  Notably, the thinning of the hair was temporary, and apparent to the patient, though not to me.Further, I discussed this with several anesthesia doctors and they were all completely unaware of any hair loss resulting from anesthesia.So the answer is, you may temporarily lose some hair, but no way to predict.
All the best.
Sek

This is something new to me. I have never heard of any direct correlation of tummy tuck surgery and hair loss. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Hair loss after Tummy Tuck

Thanks for your question. I have not heard of a patient losing hair following a tummy tuck. Good nutrition is important following surgery. Good luck!

Brian Widenhouse, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Hair Loss

Postoperative hair loss after abdominoplasty  is not something that I have encountered in my career.  Poorly planned incisions in a facelift however may yield areas of alopecia in the area of the scar. I recommended consulting with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon to be evaluated and to have all of your questions addressed.   Best of luck.

Jacob Bloom, MD

Hair loss after tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question. I have never experienced, nor heard of anyone who has experienced hair loss after tummy tuck or abdominoplasty. Barring abnormalities in nutrition, hair loss after the surgery is very unlikely.Best Wishes,

No hair loss

I have never seen a patient have a problem with hairless after tummy tuck.  Good nutrition is important after any surgery.