Laser to remove? (photos)

I got a lip augmentation six days ago (hialuronic acid) and I am not satisfied, my lips are huge. I visited another doctor to remove and she doesn't want to use hialuroridase because she explained to me that hialurosidase remove even our natural hialuronic acid, she recommended a laser (10 sessions) to remove and remodel my lips. Has anyone heard about this? I took 2 sessions since now and I am not feeling confidence that this is gonna worth. Should I visit another doctor? Thank you

Unhappy with Lip Augmentation

Unfortunately, lasers do not aid in dissolving any type of filler used in lip augmentation. From the information you have provided I would recommend hyaluronidase to dissolve the filler. Good luck! 

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with lip injections

Laser won't remove the filler. You need to use hyaluronidase. It is perfectly safe to use. Please wait about 2 weeks before you decide to remove because there is swelling that can make them appear bigger.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat

I have never found lasers to do much for permanent lip augmentation like fillers.  Microsecond YAG or fractional resurfacing (Fraxel/Co2 resurfacing) help the apperance.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Laser to remove?

Thank you for your question and photographs and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  Because of the swelling that takes place after lip injections I would first recommend allowing at least 2-3 weeks to pass before pursuing any corrective treatment as this will allow your lips time to adjust to the filler material and any swelling to resolve.  If after this time you still do not like your lip results, I would recommend hyaluronidase to dissolve the material rather than a laser.  Lasers will not dissolve the material, and hyaluronidase does not dissolve your own natural tissues.  Hope this helps. 

Hyaluronidase

Sorry that you have had a bad experience! Hyaluronidase is known to dissolve filler and laser will not do this. Best of luck, MMT