Do I have Enophthalmos? (photos)

I met with an accident 2.5 months back, fractures couple of things including orbit, zygmo, maxillary etc. I am worried that do I have enophthalmos? I f its there is it minor or major....I mean do I need to go for a surgery revision. I know that swelling has not settled down cause its 2.5 months only. Plz advice which type would be best for me? Thanks for your answers in advance!!

Enopthalmos after eye bone fractures?

Thank you for asking about your eye lid surgery.I am so sorry you were injured. Yes, you appear to have enophthalmos.I would return to see your surgeon and get a second opinion before having more surgery. At times the enophthalmost is the result of damaged tissues around the eyes, even when the bone is properly corrected. Diagnosing the problem is essential before further surgery. Until six months after the surgery, one can't tell what needs to be corrected and if so, if it is a minor or major problem.  Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Enophthalmos after orbital fracture surgery

Difficult to tell from the photos but it does appear your left eye is more sunken (enophthalmos). See following link for possible surgery.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Enophthalmos after facial injury

It appears that the left eye sits lower than the right eye (hypoglobus) and may very well sit further back (enophthalmos). A consultation with an orbital surgeon in your area would be necessary to make the proper measurements. A post-operative CT scan may also be necessary to assess the current position of your eye and the surrounding bones. Drs. William Nunery or Harold Lee in Indianapolis could help you with this.

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon