Is there any treatment other than gynecomastia surgery? (Photo)

I have been losing weight for the last 8 months and I am now at 20% BF. I am working out and eating well to get close to 10% in the next 12 to 18 months. I don't remember having this problem when I was a child, but after 22 I started putting a lot of weight and my chest changed a lot and now I have men boobs. I am 39 and have never been fit, that's the first time I am serious about working out and eating well and I want to get a very natural looking chest. Any help would be appreciated. Regards

Surgery

You will need male breast reduction surgery to contour your chest. Weight loss alone will not solve your concerns. Gland excision and liposuction will yield miraculous results. 

DrBurnett#realself100

Is there any treatment other than gynecomastia surgery?

You have gynecomastia and surgery is the only reliable treatment for this problem of excess glandular growth. 

Seek a plastic surgeon with specialty training in #gynecomastia surgery, has great photos, and is an expert in male breast reduction.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Surgery is Most Reliable Method to Address Gynecomastia

About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 

There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding. 

The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period. 

Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.

Gynecomastia Surgery

Thanks for your question.  As discouraging as this might sound to you, I think surgery is your only option.  But the good news is after you are healed from surgery, you will have a new look that I think will make you quite happy.  Do your homework and choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has performed a good number of these.  Best of luck.

Treatment for gynecomastia?

Healthy male patients with excess breast tissue or unwanted breast development who have no underlying breast disease.Men who desire improved physical and aesthetic appearance should have realistic expectations based on their condition and the procedure performed. You should meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to be able to get a formal diagnosis and to be able to decide on a course of treatment if necessary.

Unfortunately surgery is the only option

Unfortunately surgery is the only option ,saying this,you have to be very careful in choosing a very experienced gynecomastia surgeon.Don't compromise !  

Mordcai Blau, MD