Tired eyes, what are the options? (photos)

Hi, In the last 5 years I got this really tired looking specially in the eye area. Please, which are the safest (and effective) treatments for this problem? Thanks

Eye bags

I WOULD TRY FILLERS BEFORE GOING IN AND DOING SURGERY , THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAT TRANSFER AND FILLERS ARE FILLER ARE LESS INVASIVE AND CAN LAST 6-9 MONTHS SOMETIMES UP TO A YEAR DEPENDING ON WHICH ONES. FAT TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY SURGICALLY DONE WITH LIPO AND TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER AREA OF THE BODY. A FAT TRANSFER CAN ALSO BE DONE THROUGH A LOCAL AFTER SURGERY FOR A REPEAT FAT INJECTION. FAT INJECTIONS OR TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY MORE PERMANENT. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT YOU MAY WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT IN A CONSULTATION AND SEE WHAT YOUR OPTIONS ARE.

Tired eyes

Hello, it seems that you have some excess skin in the upper eyelids. You may also have some mild ptosis (droopy eyelids).  It's worthwhile for you to seek a consultation with an oculoplastic surgeon regarding your options. Best of luck.

Tired eyes - treatment options?

Thank you for asking about your tired eyes

• What has happened is that over time, the tissue over your cheeks have moved downwards.
  • This is normal aging - but no one likes it.
  • Your options are fillers to smooth the area and conceal the bulge of the fat
  • Or a lower lid lift with lifting and tightening of the muscle and smoothing of the fat under the eye.
  • I suggest you see a plastic surgeon because only a plastic surgeon can do both this kind of surgery and fillers and such a surgeon can discuss the pros/cons of both approaches.
  • A Board Certified plastic, facial plastic or ophthalmoplastic surgeon would all be fine, depending which are in your area.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Tired, Not Tired--Eye Bags Treatment with fillers, lasers, microneedling/prp

Fillers, lasers, and microneedling/PRP can improve under eye hollows. My patients try to get non surgical treatments to avoid surgery. We use PRP and stem cells there often. I suggest consulting with an expert to develop a treatment plan best suited for your short and long term goals. Best, Dr. Emer.

Ptosis

You have ptosis and dermatochalasis of the upper lids.  You would need to repair the ptosis and also remove some of the excess skin.  You may also want to lift the brow a little but that would be determined in an in person exam.  See an oculoplastic surgeon to evaluate  your eyelid muscles and determine what surgery would be best for you. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tired eyes

There are a number of options. The surgical option is to have a blepharoplasty.  This can help both the upper and lower lid area.   A co2 laser can help also if you do not want a surgical option.  Injection of a filler in the tear trough would help eliminate some of the lower lid shadowing.  You need to seek the advise of a good oculoplastic surgeon or plastic surgeon.  They can discuss the options.