Taped my nose incorrectly after rhinoplasty and now got a depression mark, could I have damaged the results? (Photo)

I had a rhinoplasty done 21 days ago.I removed the cast after a week, and my doc put a tape on it. After It started falling off, I applied another tape myself on my nose . It's been three days that I took the tape out, as my doctor said it wasn't necessary to replace it, and it still has that depression (not just a skin mark) on the bridge. Is it possible I damaged the final results by putting the tape incorrectly? When can I start being concerned if the depression doesn't go away?Really worried

Taped my nose incorrectly after rhinoplasty and now got a depression mark, could I have damaged the results?

It is highly unlikely that you have caused any significant injury to the nasal structure by simply applying tape for a longer period of time. In addition, the indentation that you are seeing is enhanced by the moderate swelling that exists immediately inferior to that area. From your photo, without being able to inpsect your nose in person, it apears to be mostly dermal swelling at the site of folding of the skin uring retraction in an open rhinoplasty. If this is the case, than you will no doubt most likely see a complete improvement over the next month. I recommend that you follow-up with your primary surgeon soon to verify this, as he/she will be in a much more informed position to evaluate and reassure you. In the mean time, I would try to relax, and breathe easily, no pun intended. Best of luck!

Clermont Facial Plastic Surgeon