Is my jaw/chin weak or strong? (photos)

Hello, very straight foward question, I'm having difficulties determining it. My jaw is rather square and (I think) somehow wide. I can't say if my jaw and chin are strong or weak.

Is my jaw/chin weak or strong?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.

Chin projection

It is difficult to give a definite answer because of the limited views that you show and there is not a good profile photo, but it appears that your chin has adequate projection. It does appear that you may have some increase submental adiposity ( fat under your chin) which may blunt your profile. If so, there are options such as Kybella or submental liposuction. Hope that helps. Best of luck!

Manuel A. Lopez, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon