10 days post op with very high upper pole, is this normal? Had 305cc and breast lift. (photos)

I had 305cc silicone put in under the muscle & a 4cm lift. I wanted a soft and natural result. I am concerned about the upper pole being so high. The muscle is tight & there's alot of swelling. The left moreso. My ps doesn't employ massage or the band. What happens from hereon? The muscle relaxes, swelling goes down and my breast will drop down and fill out the extra skin at the bottom?

Surgery

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I have to say that it is true that your implants are very very high from surery, besides that you're very early on healing process and that can be just swelling and bruising.. If they keep that position after 3 weeks, consider to get to your surgeon asap.

Breast Lift with Implants

Thank you for your pictures and question.  Your implants are riding very high, however, it has only been 10 days since surgery and significant settling will occur over the next 3-4 months.  I would recommend close and frequent follow up with your plastic surgeon for re-assurance.  If settling does not occur you may need a revision of the soft tissue envelope.  Good luck with your recovery.  

Time for implants to drop

Your implants are high and it will take many more weeks to determine if they will drop on their own.  The muscle is the wild card pushing the implant up, as the muscle relaxes the implant will drop.  If not then you may need a revision.  Give it time.  

Breast augmentation post op, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.

Its too early to talk about final results with only 10 days after surgery. In my practice, after performing a Breast Augmentation I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.

Respectfully, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Implant position

Right now your implants are very high and you  need to give it time to settle. At this point, you have to be patient.

Early in recovery phase

It's still early in the recovery phase of your procedure and a lot can happen over the next few months. Without seeing your preoperative photos it's difficult to tell what was done based on where you started. I would stick with your chosen plastic surgeon and follow his or her advice to help you achieve the best possible result. Congratulations on your surgery and good luck with your recovery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Normal? Or not?

At this point, it would be difficult to judge, especially not knowing exactly how you started and exactly what was done. If your surgeon feels this is within normal, then you should accept that and allow the normal changes over time to occur. You will be amazed at just how much change there is, especially in the first few months.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

10 days post op with very high upper pole, is this normal? Had 305cc and breast lift.

Although your concern is understandable, I would suggest that you continue to be patient  and continue to follow-up with him/her on a regular basis.

Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery and massaging the implants downward may assist in the dropping of the implants after surgery (for those patients who want to help with the settling of the implants). The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.

Best wishes; hopefully you will be very pleased with the long-term outcome of the breast surgery performed.

305cc upper pole fullness

Dear maree12345,

Thank you for your question. At our office we recommend that patients do not judge their final result for at least 6 to 12 months after surgery. During that time, the implants will have a chance to drop and fall into a more natural position. A lot of what you are seeing with your upper pole is swelling, which will take time to dissipate. If the implants still seem high by the time you are a month or so out, massage may be indicated even if your plastic surgeon does not typically suggest it. Be sure to return for an in person visit with your surgeon, but the issue should resolve on its own. Good luck!

Breast lift with implants

Thank you for your question and photos.  At only 10 days post-op, you are very early in the healing process.  I tell my patients to wait at least three months before assessing their results as their breasts need to heal, reduce in swelling, and drop into place.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL