Are my desires for mommy makeover realistic? (Photos)

32 yr old mom of 3 wanting to get my body back. I want a Mommy makeover that would include tt, lipo, bbl, fat transfer to breast with lift. Wondering if Dr.'s would agree with me needing all the procedures i mentioned to obtain my wish pics. Also would like to know if an estimate of cost could be given. Excited to start this process.

Are my desires for mommy makeover realistic?

I think that you could absolutely get your body back, but it sounds like you want a completely different body as you want a tiny waist with big hips etc. It is hard to say if you can achieve the results you desire without seeing more photos of you (you did not post one from the back showing your butt) and doing an exam. We can only make your waist as small as god made it. Meaning we can liposuction any excess fat, but we cannot physically change the size of your frame/bone structure with just liposuction and cutting excess skin off(tummy tuck). If you do not have a 24 inch waist under the excess fat, then you will not have a 24 inch waist after your BBL/ tummy tuck. I personally would not combine all of those procedures at once as your time under anesthesia would be really long (>6h). 

Are your desires realistic?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

Mommy Makeover

This is commonly done. You will need to be seen in person to determine what can be done safely. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in breast surgery and body contouring surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon you choose. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself #tummytuck #breastaugmentation #bbl #mommymakeover

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Combined Procedures for Mommy Makeover

The mommy makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, #breastreduction.Additional procedures that may enhance the result are Liposuction, additional Breast Procedures, or Thigh Lift. Mommy makeovers usually include multiple operations.  Brazilian “butt enhancement” can be done at the same time to provide best body contours. Arm reduction or brachiaplasty is also common. Combined operations are often performed with our Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries noted above. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your doctor. Combining these procedures decreases anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.See the link here on for average listed procedure costs for the Mommy Makeover. You should also seek out local board certified plastic surgeons and schedule consultations in order to receive more specific price quotes for your desired procedures, as each doctor will have different details including location, hospital, anesthesia, and more, changing the final cost.

Having realistic expectations...

Hi, Thank you for your question and helpful photos. There is nothing wrong with wanting/hoping for ideal results, however, please consider that your "wish pics" are of women with very different body types than yours. So obviously, your results will not be identical. I believe a vast improvement can be achieved if you were to go forward now, but your results will be better (and with less risks and complications)  if you loose weight. I strongly believe safety should be paramount and allow yourself to do this in stages. I believe your breasts should be lifted first to obtain maximum lift. Consider The Horndeski Method lift that does not require a vertical incision nor the use of implants to achieve upper pole fullness. The video attached is a woman who underwent this procedure without the extra cost, maintenance, risks and complications associated with breast implants. A tummy tuck with mesh reinforcement in your case will be beneficial in helping you loose/maintain weight and to flatten your tummy for a more feminine silhouette. I hope this helps.Best wishes to you and happy healing.  

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for question.  A mommy makeover would dramatically enhance your appearance, especially if you're close to your ideal weight.  However, I would not do all those procedures at once.  I would start with the liposuction and BBL (remember you have to stay off your buttocks for a couple of weeks).  This would take some of the fat away from your belly making the tummy tuck easier for the next stage.  I would combine the tummy tuck with a breast lift with implants.  Fat transfer will not give you the predictable results as implants would.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover - Expectations

Ok you have a list just like many patients.  I like to do the tummy tuck and the brazilian buttlift surgery together.  Your body will undergo big changes that may affect decisions on the secondary procedures.  The second round of surgery could include the breast lift but I am not sure you'd need to transfer fat.  Prices vary quite a bit by geography and by surgeon so that for sure you'd do best visiting a well respected plastic surgeon in your area and maybe in a large city for comparison.  Best Wishes!!

Mommy make-over for my wish look?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • I think your surgical plan is reasonable with a few exceptions -
  • You need a breast lift.
  • Fat transfer results are unpredictable - all the women in your 'wish' pictures have implants.
  • Also, model's photos today are extensively retouched and some of these looks rarely, if ever, exist in real life.
  • I suggest you consult a plastic surgeon to learn the kind of result that you can expect -
  • And if weight loss is possible, getting to a normal or near normal weight will give you the best possible result.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Dr Derby

thank you for your question and the photos. You can definitely get a beautiful body back , i do not know if it is necessarily that you started of with but i feel you just make a plan together with your surgeon , according to your desires. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy Makeover "wish list"

Your photos demonstrate that you possess an elevated body mass index, probably in the mid thirties.An ideal candidate for a MM should have a body mass index in the under 30 range. Ideally. If you do not have plans to lower your BMI through weight loss, healthy eating habits and exercise, then you may still see an improvement with a mommy makeover. A plastic surgeon cannot shape your body to look like someone else's. so it is important to have realistic expectations from the beginning. And, it is not a weight loss operation. When consulting a Board Certified plastic surgeon, be sure that your surgeon can demonstrate a considerable experience with mommy makeover surgery, especially on individuals with elevated BMI.

Tad Grenga, MD, FACS
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon