Will my nose get any better? (Photo)

I had an open tip rhinoplasty 3 months ago to address my nose tip leaning toward the right and being bulbous. My doctor told me addressing the bulbous tip would resolve both issues because my nose was more bulbous on one side vs the other. He keeps saying my nose looks beautiful and that it will look even better as time goes on. I've included 3 pictures. The left picture is before, the middle and right are 3 months post op.

Rhinoplasty swelling

You appeared to have thick skinned nose.This type of nose takes longer to heal in terms of swelling going away.  You should certainly give it one year before you decide if this has not worked for you.

Dr. J

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Recovery

Hang in there! As long as the shape and swelling are improving week to week, however slowly, there is still hope for the final outcome. Ask you plastic surgeon if there would be any benefit to taping or a steroid injection that can help speed your recovery. It takes over a year to realize the final results of rhinoplasty. Think of it this way, one millimeter of swelling would not even be noticeable in a breast augmentation. One millimeter may be the whole difference between success and failure in a rhinoplasty. It will take well over a year before that last millimeter of swelling has gone away and right now there is even more swelling as it is still very early.

Rhinoplasty post op. Some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with 3 months after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.

Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty at 3 months

At three months your nose is still swollen. It can take a year or longer for the swelling to completely go away.  Best of luck.

Will my nose get any better?

Appears as a very very conservative tip pasty was preformed. Consider revision at 6 months post........

Unhappy after rhinoplasty

I am sorry that you are  not satisfied!  That is always so difficult!

Based on your pictures, i would have expected a bigger change by 3 months.  However, it is still very early and and it may be swelling or scar tissue formation.

Was the tip the way you wanted it to be right after surgery?

You may ask your doctor about injecting steroids if they think it is scar tissue.

Good luck!

3 months follow up rhinoplasty

Three months is early to assess the results of rhinoplasty.  With that said your tip still appears full.  It might become smaller with time.  A tip rhinoplasty is a "minimalist" approach many noses.  Minimal approaches sometimes result in minimal results.  Address with your surgeon any feelings that your expectations were not met.  If not you may need a second opinion to help evaluate where to head from here.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD