Is it possible for physical stitches to grow in - 12 days post TT.

I am 12 days post op from a full abdominoplasty, scheduled for stich removal at day 14. Whenever I've had stitches prior to this procedure, they have been removed usually at day 10 as I heal very quickly. If the stitches grow in, how will they be able to be removed. I didn't know that the surgeon would be using physical sutures, or I would have expressed this concern before.

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (2 weeks post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Tummy Tuck - post-operative suture removal

Thank you for your question. Please contact your board-certified plastic surgeon's office and explain your concerns. She or he may wish to move up your post-operative appointment by a few days if it is determined that your concerns about suture removal are warranted. Very good luck to you. 

Susan D. Vasko, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon