Specific question about post gynecomastia surgery

I had the surgery 13 days ago today. i was doing well untill two days ago. I lifted my niece up and I have been feeling pain since then. The pain stings around my chest area. I will be calling my doctor in a couple of days but I am wondering if this stingy-pain would subside?

Discomfort & Recovering From Gynecomastia Surgery

As your body heals, you may notice random bursts of pain in your chest. This is usually a sign that the numbness is subsiding.
Your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.
Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Check with your doctor

The pain could be from some pulled tissue and could be fine.
If it is swollen it could be from blood or tissue that is developing.

Male breast reduction surgery gynecomastia pain post-operative male breast liposuction

Hi Bumbaclott,
Thank you for your question regarding post-gynecomastia surgical pain. Congratulations on having undergoing gynecomastia surgery. I would not wait to call your plastic surgeon "in a couple of days"; I would call your plastic surgeon TODAY.   The type of pain that you describe could be a sign of something more serious, like a hematoma. A hematoma is a collection of blood and may require needle aspiration or surgical drainage.
It is very important that you follow your plastic surgeon's postop instructions. In my Beverly Hills plastic surgery practice, after gynecomastia surgery, I do not have my patients exercise or lift anything heavy until everything is healed.  It is very important to minimize your activities and to continue to wear your compression garment.
Good luck. If you have any other questions regarding pain after gynecomastia surgery, please contact my office. Sincerely, Dr. Katzen

You probably stretched out the area of surgery, the muscles and the nerves present in the area. Please make sure that you do not have any unusual swelling or lump that appear after this incident that could be a sign of bleeding or haematoma. You should probably see your surgeon at your earliest instead of waiting for 2 days. 

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

It is probably fine

you probably just stretched the muscles of your chest. If there is no significant swelling on the side with the pain, then no treatment is required, other than pain killers as needed. 
I am sure it will get better in a few days.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Pain

Thank you for the question and if you see no change in your chest you probably have nothing to worry about but call and see your surgeon to be sure.

Dr. Corbin 

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

WHY wait a couple of days to see your chosen surgeon???? CALL NOW!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Recurrent pain after surgery

Recurrent pain after surgery is common. The pain had gotten better then it comes back, typically only in a certain location. It can happen days to months sometimes years after certain procedures. It is not uncommon to re-experience the same type of pain you had immediately after your procedure. It often occurs with some activity. It can be very scary, but it is typically a bit of stretch or pull on an internal stitch or scar tissue with some swelling that seems to be an inevitable part of the recovery process for many people. Unless your surgical result seems deformed, recurrence of post operative pain is usually a time limited process. Rest the area, maybe use pressure or ibuprofen for comfort and wait a couple of days to start to see improvement. It is important to differentiate familiar recovery pain from new and unfamiliar pain, which could be due to blood clots, infection, or other things. So if your pain is new and feels worrisome to you be prepared to describe things when you contact your physician's office, otherwise give it a rest and watch for improvement. I hope this helps!

Angela Keen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon