Pain after breast fold revision

I am 12 days post op on right fold revision. I am scared to move since my breast is so heavy and feel like it will fall. How much movement is OK?

Pain after breast fold revision

Thanks for your question. Pain is different form one person to another, so as I always advise keep a close communication with your surgeon and explain him exactly what you are feeling.

Movement allowed after breast fold revision

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation revision.

• Please contact your own surgeon.
  • S/he knows what was done and can tell you what to expect and what to do.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Pain after breast fold revision

In your case I would refer to your chosen surgeon. We do not know exactly the techniques used so very hard to advise to motion. 

Movement post fiold

Normal movement should be fine.I would wear a bra and not exercise ie weights for 4 to 6 weeks.Also check with your surgeon.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Pain after breast fold revision.

In most cases, a patient can move their arms and torso following a breast fold revision surgery.  However, you should avoid putting tension on the actual repair site and avoid heavy or strenuous activity for the first few weeks following the procedure.  Check with your surgeon for their advice about specific activities and restrictions in your case.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

How Much Movement Is Okay After A Breast Fold Revision?

There are two basic ways to recreate a breast fold, from the outside or from the inside. 

Depending on how your plastic surgeon did your fold revision will, to some extent, determine how much movement is okay.  Therefore, this question needs to be asked of the plastic surgeon who performed your surgery.  Only he or she knows how much tension there is on the suture line. 

Breast fold revision from the outside is usually done by making a small incision in the skin at the point where the desired fold attaches to the chest wall.  Sutures are then placed from the dermis of the skin to the periosteum of the rib below.  

Recreation of a fold from the inside is done by creating a hammock of breast capsule which can be reinforced with Seri scaffolding.  Moving the capsule at the bottom of an existing breast pocket upward is known as a capsulopexy.  A similar operation favored by some surgeons is known as a capsulorrhaphy where the two edges of the capsule are sewn together without a true lifting of the capsule, then Seri is sutured to reinforce the repair.

Wounds heal at a standard rate.  A wound is 100% healed at 6 months, 90% healed at 3 months, 75% healed at 6 weeks.  Therefore, if you were my patient, I would strongly recommend no working out or overdoing it for 3 weeks, and no heavy lifting for 6 weeks to allow the repair to strengthen to a point where it will not pull apart. 

Post op rehab

You should be absolutely fine to do general day to day activities but you may need some stronger painkillers. Sometimes i fix the fold down to the ribs to create definition and this can be quite sore but it does get better over time. The only thing you should be careful about is high impact exercise.

best wishes 

Gerard Lambe, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon