My breasts are completely different, like A and D. I have two children and it didn't change anything, only weight gain.

What would it cost me to fix them?

Different sized breasts

Thanks for your question. Without photos it is difficult to guide you , but I will share some concepts here. Classic thinking might be to add an implant to the "A" breast and lift the "D" breast. But I personally think just one implant is always a bad idea. The implanted breast will tend to look " implanty" and the natural breast will behave and eventually droop more naturally. IMO the best situation is to have two breasts with the same amount of natural tissue and the same amount of implant. In this case the breasts tend to look and behave in a more similar way. 

In your case,  this may mean a lift and reduction on the larger breast (possibly  a lift on the smaller) so the the natural volume is more even, and then a similar  implant if you want to be larger.

The patient in the gallery below had a lift on one side, and a lift with reduction on the other ( no implants) Postoperatively she is a good candidate for implants, because the breast position and volume are now the same. She could have two very similar implants.

I hope this concept makes sense to you. Your PS will have to guide you based upon your examination.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

Thank you for your question.  It is very common for women to have differences between their breasts, whether minor or significant.  There are several options for correction of the asymmetry which really depend on your goals and anatomical limitations determined on examination.  So, I suggest you consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options.  Best wishes!

Breast surgery

Hello and thank you for your question. This is much more common than you may realize and there are many options to fix it, including breast implants and/or lift if needed.  Cost varies by geographic region and surgeon expertise. Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast assymetry

The optimal treatment for significant asymmetry is reduction of the larger breast with augmentation of the smaller one. In many instances, a lift, whether unilateral or bilateral, may be required. This is a complex situation with a variety of options depending on your specific scenario.  See a board certified plastic surgeon for a comprehensive discussion of the options.

Cosmetic Breast Surgery Cost

Thank you for your question. You have many options to regain breast symmetry. It all depends on what your goals and what your exam shows. If the larger breast is droopy you may need a lift on that side, a breast reduction, or a lift with a breast implant. The smaller side may just need a breast implant. These options are best determined during your initial consultation with your board certified plastic surgeon. 

Make sure that you get your price in writing and ask what the price does and does not cover. These can include  preoperative evaluation, blood work (if needed), surgeon's fees, anesthesia fees, operating room, supplies, and implants, prescriptions and post operative garments, such as a brassiere. Make sure that your postoperative appointments are covered as well.

Breast asymmetry

Sounds like you could benefit from an augmentation of one breast.  If the other is low, it may need to be lifted.  Best to be seen in person.

Thank you for your question.  A photograph of your breasts would be helpful.  An examination and person is necessary to properly anterior question.

That said, the treatment of breast asymmetry can involve a reduction of the larger breast with an implant in the smaller breast or in some cases a lift of the lower side with implants on both sides.  For more information on the treatment of breast asymmetry please read the link below:

The cost depends on what your objectives are as you may want to make the small breast larger and the larger breast smaller, or lifted. An in person evaluation is the way to start. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Correcting differences in breast size

Thank you for your question!

Although breast size differences are easily identified by you, I would like you to know that you are not alone as many patients with breast asymmetries may not be aware of the extent of their asymmetry, while others are acutely aware of their dissimilar breasts. It is important to know that breasts can be similar, but not the same! For this reason, many surgeons will always remind you that no 2 sides of the body are mirror images and that your breasts will never be completely symmetric. So breast symmetries can be improved, but never completely corrected. This is exactly why breast measurements are determined individually for each breast.

It is also important to realize that certain asymmetries can arise from uncorrectable defects such as defects in the sternum, ribs, and muscle. This is why it cannot be conclusively said if a particular case of breast asymmetry can be fixed or not. This will require an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who will evaluate chest and breast asymmetries and form a comprehensive surgical plan.

Nevertheless, to correct breast asymmetry, a plastic surgeon can either reduce the size of the larger breast, or increase the size of the smaller breast to match the larger one. If breast augmentation is desired in both breasts, then breast asymmetry will require using different sized implants for each breast (i.e., smaller implant for larger breast, and larger implant for smaller breast).

Your surgeon may use objective measurements to narrow down the implant size choice to a small range in order to address the differences in deformities between the right and left sides.

Surgeons use what is called tissue-based planning. The planning takes into account the effects of implants on tissues over time, risks of excessive stretch, excessive thinning, visible or palpable implant edges, visible traction rippling, ptosis (Sagging), and breast tissue wasting.

To determine the implant size, breast measurements must be made: 1) Base Width of the existing breast tissue, 2) breast skin stretch, and 3) Nipple-to-Inframammary Fold distance. The combination of these measurements will help determine tissue coverage and the required implant volume to optimally fill the breasts.

The final choice of the implant will be in accordance with your goals and existing breast characteristics.

The cost for the procedure has to be discussed during the in-person consultation.

Hope this helps.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. It is worth having multiple consultations to evaluate cost variation among surgeons in your area.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon based upon experience and the results he or she can deliver, not just on cost alone. Many practices offer financing plans to lessen the upfront cost. Hope this helps and good luck with your procedure.