When will the bloating go away after doing a Coolsculpting procedure? I feel like my stomach looks bigger now than before.

Had my coolsculpting procedure done on June 14, 2014. The lady that works there told me I'd see results within 3 weeks but, I am still feeling bloated and a little numb in the bottom half of my stomach area. I feel that it isn't going to work from reading reviews by other people. Also, they told me the numbing would subside in about a week and it's been more than that and I am still feeling it.

What to Expect Following Your Coolsculpting Treatment

Hello and thank you for your question.  It generally takes about 2 - 3 weeks for the swelling and bloating to subside.  The numbness generally takes 3-4 weeks to resolve.  Numbness following treatment with the larger abdominal Cool Max applicator can take 2 months to completely resolve.  I do recommend compression for at least 3 weeks or until he numbness has resolved.  If the swelling does not improve, I recommend scheduling a follow-up visit with your Coolsculpting  specialist. Best wishes

Bloating post coolsculpting

Recovery from coolsculpting will vary from person to person. Many patients do not experience the swelling. The swelling (bloating) generally resolves itself in 3 weeks but can linger for a month or so. The exact time will vary from patient to patient.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

When will the bloating go away after a coolsculpting procedure?

Coolsculpting involves selective freezing of fat cells to induce programmed cell death. In a small population of patients, three is significant swelling after the procedure, this swelling will go down with time. The exact time varies with the patient. 

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cool sculpting recovery

So I believe you should look for results at 4 weeks but the majority of of the results will be seen by 8 weeks.  Each area should have been treated at least twice to get the best results.

Recovery after CoolSculpting to abdomen

The recovery process after CoolSculpting can vary from person to person.  It is possible to get some temporary skin discoloration and when this occurs, it usually will only last a few days.  The treated area sometimes can look a bit larger for a few days to a week or so afterwards as well.  Numbness to the treated area is fairly common and this can take up to 8 weeks to resolve completely.  Results from the treatment can take up to 4 months, but there can be the beginning of some visible improvement after about a month.  Since your treatment was done less than two weeks ago, it will still take some time for the numbness to subside and for you to see results.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon