I was just wondering if after a vaginolpasty an abortion procedure would ruin my results?

Hi there, I was just wondering if after a vaginolpasty if an abortion procedure would ruin a vaginolpasty surgery that took place?... Thanks!

Will an abortion ruin the results of a vaginoplasty?

A vaginoplasty should not be affected by an abortion.  A vaginal birth can loosen the vagina again.  For my patients I recommend c section for future pregnancies. 

Hello and thank you for your question!

There is not necessarily an association between a Vaginoplasty and an Abortion. So you can better understand, either should not affect the results of the other. You need to make sure that you seek the proper attention & if getting an abortion, you do it the safest way possible. You need to understand that your safety is more important than the result, being that you can always fix the treatment results as opposed to any health issues due to malpractice.

In conclusion, I believe there shouldn't be any issues with either procedure.

Thank you for the question and please consult a board certified surgeon for the safest and best results.

Good luck!

Enriquillo Clime Rivera, MD

Vaginoplasty after an abortion

Dear Hollowzen:

The answer is NO.  An abortion does not in anyway change the caliber of your vagina or the results of a vaginoplasty.

John R Miklos MD
Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon
Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills  ~Dubai

Will an abortion affect my perineoplasty/vaginoplasty results?

Short answer: NO. Whether the abortion is "medical" with mifepristone and prostaglandin, surgical evacuation, or mid-trimester, it should not affect your VP results.

Michael P Goodman, MD
Davis, CA, USA

Vaginoplasty will not be affected by abortion

Abortion procedures don't put any significant stress on the site of your vaginoplasty repair and will not affect your results.

Abortion effect on vagplasty

These are two different compartments kind of like your nose and your face. The uterus and cervix at TOP of the vaginal canal are involved with a surgical/medical abortion and the vaginal canal itself for the vaginoplasty. One should not affect the other.

Vaginoplasty surgical results

Thank you for sharing your question.  It is unlikely that this would ruin any result derived from a vaginoplasty, but discuss this with your ob/gyn.