Is it normal nose is still peeling and has odd smell 3 months after septorhinoplasty?

My nose is very oily and has dead skin (yellowish peeling skin) that i have to scrape off my nose daily. I also have a strange smell that is more noticeable when i move my nose around or flare my nostrils. My doctor said there is no infection and this is normal. He said that it may be my nasal fluids still getting used to the new nose. I still do the neti pot because my nose gets stuffed everyday. I am 3 MONTHS POST OP.

Peeling after septorhinoplasty

Thank you for the question. It is difficult to fully evaluate your situation without an in-person exam or photos. Peeling of the nasal skin after a rhinoplasty is not uncommon; however, in order not to exacerbate it, you must take care to avoid direct sunlight. Odd smell may indicate a potential infection, but a thorough examination conducted by your surgeon should alleviate your concerns. As always, an-in person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and obtain expert medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.