Will my nipples ever go back to normal? If yes, how long should it take? (Photo)

i am 5 days post op (350cc high profile gel implant) and my nipples look horrible . they are folded downward, deflated and burn with cauterizer. will they regain the round shape that they use to have? will the crease in the nipple go away (the other one not shown in this picture has a deep fold) ? will the nipple pop back up? should the scar be minimal even with the burn?

NIPPLES AND AREOLA POST BREAST AUGMENTATION

It is too early to determine the outcome. Normally the areola will return to its normal round shape. Be patient. And be sure to follow your physician's post operative instructions.

Funny looking areola

While there may be multiple ways with dealing with the burn, from your photograph I can't ascertain its depth. In my experience, in peri areolar incisions such as yours the tension and swelling are only at the bottom of the areola making for this distorted look.  I have never seen this last more than a month or so.  Good luck. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Areola at 5 days

It is too early to tell. You are very early in the post-op and your breasts and areola incision will go through a lot of changes over the next several months.

Too early to see final results

You are only 5 days after surgery.  Your breast and nipples will go through a lot of changes over the next three months.  I would not be worried at this stage.  Be patient.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Nipple healing

You are very early in the healing process.  The nipple will continue to relax over the next couple weeks and start to look more natural. Good luck with healing.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Will my nipples ever go back to normal? If yes, how long should it take?

I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction following her breast augmentation.  Your early in recovery and hopefully the pressure of the implant and breast will push outward on the depression or retraction and flatten the scar around her areola.

Vascular plastic surgeon when you may begin breast implant displacement exercises to encourage compression of the depressed scar outward.  Usually Bovie burns or cautery burns leave a whitish-colored scar after healing.