How many laser treatments would I need? And no scarring right?

Number of Tattoo Removal Treatments

Thank you for your question. Pico lasers are the most advanced technology for laser tattoo removal. I utilize the PiQo4 laser which has 4 Pico wavelengths making it possible to remove 96% of ink in as little as 4-6 treatments on average. The speed of removal can vary based on several factors such as location of the tattoo, skin tone, how quick your body eliminates the ink and the sharpness of the ink. Tattoos are removed faster and safer with Pico lasers and there is less risk of scarring then with older laser systems. It is important not only to seek advanced technology but an experienced laser tattoo removal provider. Best wishes. 

Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

PicoSure for tattoo removal

Thanks for your question and photo. The number of treatments you will need to fully remove your tattoo will depend on a number of factors such as the size of the tattoo, ink color and depth of the tattoo. Since PicoSure™ is one hundred times faster than any other laser on the market, you will require fewer sessions overall in order to achieve your desired results. Even dark blue and green inks – which are usually the most difficult to remove – can be effectively cleared with less treatment. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

The low-down on laser tattoo removal--takes a series of treatments

This is hard to answer. Laser tattoo removal always takes a series of treatments and scarring should be minimal, but can depend on post-operative care and your own healing process. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

How many treatments for tattoo?

Hello, thank you for your question and for including a photo. This appears to me to be very light in volume of ink. With darker skin types there is always the possibility of hyperpigmentation as well as hypopigmentation. The latest technology in laser tattoo removal is the pico-second technology. The PicoWay Laser (Candela/Syneron) uses photoacoustic impact/pressure waves rather than photothermal/heat.  This process has less heat, therefore it is more comfortable and the chances of hyperpigmentation are less.  The Pico-second pulse shatters the ink into even smaller particles, allowing the body to more easily absorb the ink.  This technology can usually remove a tattoo in about half as many treatments as the traditional Q-switch devices.  I would guesstimate that it would take approx. 3-5 treatments.

Good Luck!

Mark A. Blair, MD
Phoenix Dermatologic Surgeon