How much of an increase of cup size could I expect with fat transfer to my breasts? (Photo)

I am wondering if a noticeable increase is possible in one surgery as I have heard it requires multiple treatments. I am 220lbs and do not plan major weight loss.

Fat grafting would require more than one session.

You have minimal breast tissue to transfer the fat to and that will be the limiting factor.You will need  at least two session for the best results. 

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. There are so many variables that determine the end result. These would include the amount of quality fat available and the area into which it is being placed. For the breast, this would also be determined by the initial size, previous expansion such as pregnancy or weight loss and the characteristics of the breast skin and percentage of breast gland occupying the overall breast itself. Sound confusing? Well it kind of is because no single volume can be given and is one advantage that implants have over fat. But once fat is placed, it is soft, natural and has the potential to last a lifetime. In your case, being smaller, your volume may be limited to 100 to 200cc unless BRAVA were used to allow presurgical expansion. However, once fat is integrated, a foundation is created to add more volume if another procedure is desired. In any case, I would recommend a full consultation with the board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in all forms of breast surgery. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

With one transfer, most women can gain one half to one cup in size. If you want a larger size, you may need additional transfers or choose implants.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

How much of an increase of cup size could I expect with fat transfer to my breasts?

Thank you for your question.  The difficulty with fat transfer to the breast is the inability to accurately estimate the final volume result.  Some studies have shown that the most reliable figure 4 volume increase after fat transfer is 150 to possibly 200 cc.