Is it possible to improve small breasts on a fuller woman? (photos)

I am 220lbs lacking breasts to match my size. Aside from added anesthetic risks could this be improved without having to lose weight?

Breast Augmentation for Full Bodied Women

Thank you very much for your question and your photograph. If you are in good health, then a breast augmentation could provide your desired results. My recommendation is that you schedule a consultation with an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon. He/she will perform an in-person examination and review your medical history, to determine if you are a good candidate for a breast augmentation procedure. If so, a personalized treatment plan can be created to meet your specific needs.

General health more important

Your general health is more of a factor than your weight. If you are at a stable weight and are not currently trying to lose weight, then you may be a candidate for breast augmentation. At the time of your consultation with your surgeon, your medical condition and history will be reviewed to ensure surgery is safe for you.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photograph.

I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination and take measurements so they can recommend the best implant type/sizes for your body. There are 3D simulators that can show you what you would look like with different types of implants and different sizes, this can be helpful when trying to decide what size would achieve your cosmetic goals. At my office, I use high profile Sientra implants to create a round full result that looks natural, giving you the result that you want. Additionally, i use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view different sizes of implants and pick which best suits your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose. 
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Is it possible to improve small breasts on a fuller woman?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  You look to be a very good candidate for a breast augmentation procedure and I would recommend seeing an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to discuss your goal outcome.  Best wishes.

Breast shape

Thank you for your question.  Your breast can definitely be improved in size and shape with a breast augmentation at your current weight.  However, if you are planning on losing weight, I suggest you delay surgery until you have reached your goal weight.  Best wishes!

Fuller breasts could significantly improve your breast balance with your body

• Your breasts have many very nice features.  They have excellent nipple position. They appear to have nice thick skin without stretch marks. They have a nice round shape.  I think they are great breasts for a breast augmentation.  
  • Depending on the size you are hoping for an augmentation could be done with fat or an implant. There are pros and cons to the different choices that a consultation would be best to go over with you.
  • I don't think you have to go too big, but bringing your breast size into balance with your body would look nice.
  • If you are willing to drive to Oakville I would be happy to see you and discuss your options in more detail.
  •  Dr Rodger Shortt is a plastic surgeon in Oakville.  He strives to be the best plastic surgeon and is one of the few plastic surgeons in Canada with a top 5-star rating on Realself, RateMD, and Ontario Doctor Review.  He serves patients from the GTA including Toronto, Oakville, Mississauga, Georgetown, Brampton, Burlington, Milton, and Hamilton. He is an Assistant Clinical Professor and the Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training for McMaster University.

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Breast Augmentation, Toronto Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Adibfar

Based on your photo, you may benefit from a breast augmentation either through implants or through fat grafting harvested from your torso region. 

The second option would give you an overall more curvaceous look, if that is your intent.

Further detail could be obtained following a comprehensive formal consultation.

Please feel free to view our breast enhancement page below.

Thank you

Breast augmentation

You will likely benefit from a breast augmentation with implants to help meet your goals. Best to be seen and examined by a board certified plastic surgeon who performs many cosmetic procedures.

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

You likely could benefit from a breast augmentation.  Best to be seen in person to be evaluated properly.

Breast augmentation on a full sized woman

Dear sallymae149,

It is absolutely possible to augment your breasts.  We now have a myriad of techniques and implant shapes and sizes to fit almost ANY woman's needs and goals.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a discussion of your options.  Good luck!