Implant replacement regulations. Do I have to keep the same size?

Unfortunately I have to get my allegran implants replaced just 4 months post op. Is it possible to replace them with a larger size free of charge? Or do they only replace them for the same size?

I am sorry to hear about the problem you have experienced. Assuming the  problem you are experiencing falls within the breast implant manufacturer warranty, utilizing different sized implants is usually not a problem.  Best wishes. 

Implant issue

You can check with your implant company, but if there was a problem with your implant, you probably do not have to get the same size implants.

Implant Replacement

With the help of your surgeon, contact the implant company regarding their replacement policy.  Usually, the companies have no problem replacing the implants with either one size larger or smaller.  

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

#BreastImplantRevision - Do I have to keep the same size?

Generally not.  You should be able to contact your implant manufacturer (with the help of your plastic surgeon, ideally) to get a replacement pair of implants and you do not normally have to have the same size.  In fact, if there was a defect in the implants (or whatever the "covered" reason was that you're in discussion with the company) they will normally try very hard to accommodate you (within reason).  You should of course discuss this with your own plastic surgeon or another who can examine you in person.  I hope that this helps and good luck, Dr. Alan Engler, Member of #RealSelf 500

Size change is ok

Thanks for the great question and I'm sorry you have to have another surgery so soon. If the company, or the doctor, is paying for your new implants you should be able to choose any size you and the surgeon agree on. Changing sizes should not be an issue at all. Best of luck with your next surgery!~Dr. Sieber