Can a dermatologist help me get rid of my unwanted tattoo? Help.

Yes, thank you for your question. Getting rid of unwanted skin lesions like tattoos is what we dermatologists love. I encourage you to choose someone with lots of experience.  We have lots of before and after pictures on our website.  Stay skintastic.  

Fort Smith Dermatologist

Tattoo Removal

Thanks for your question. YES ! Dermatologists can definitely get rid of unwanted tattoos. I would suggest going to someone with a lot of experience in tattoo removals. Best, Dr. Green

PicoSure for tattoo removal

Thanks for your question. Yes, a dermatologist can help. You may want to ask about the PicoSure laser. Its ultra-short pulse duration creates an intense impact, breaking up the tattoo ink into tiny particles that are easily eliminated from your body. The number of treatments you will need, to fully remove your tattoo, will depend on the size of tattoo, ink color, and the depth of tattoo. Please consult with a board dermatologist for more information. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Pico Laser + PFD Patch

Thanks for your question.  Pico Lasers are the  most advanced lasers used currently to remove tattoos.  There is a new patch available that allows us to make 3-4 passes in one session.  So instead of 4-6 sessions you may need 2-3 depending on the size and color of the tattoo.  Best of luck!

Tattoo Removal

Thank you for your question. It is important to seek an experienced provider. Pico lasers are the most advanced technology. I utilize the PiQo4 laser which has 4 Pico wavelengths making it possible to remove 96% of ink in as little as 4-6 treatments on average. I also utilize the Picosure for a total of 5 Pico wavelengths. Tattoos are removed faster and safer with Pico lasers and there is less risk of scarring. There are several factors that can determine your candidacy and speed of removal so I would recommend an in person consultation. Best wishes. 

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tattoo Regrets--Laser Tattoo Removal

Yes, a dermatologist can remove your tattoo with lasers in a series of treatments. Please see an expert for a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer

Tattoo removal

Depending on size of tattoo, color of tattoo, placement, and your skin type, tattoos can usually be removed by lasers. It can take many treatments extended over several months so you must be prepared for that.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Tattoo removal works, especially for black tattoos.

Tattoo removal works well on black tattoos, especially if they are older ones.  It can be expensive, however, so it is a good idea for you to check with the dermatologist to find out some basic costs.  Also, make sure they have a laser to remove it.  Good luck!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologic Surgeon