Sex after vaginoplasty? (Photo)

I had a vaginolpasty done a month and 1 week ago and I want to know if I can have sex now? I don't want to risk infection. I am still itchy because of it healing. Also I have discharge and want to know how to stop it. I have this before my surgery though too. The discharge isn't swear I know it's from the inside. Thanks!!

Intercourse after vaginoplasty

Thank you for your question. Sexual activity and tampon use should not resume for at least 6 weeks. Specific exercises such as vaginal (expanding/enlarging) and scar massage may be put into place during this period. You should also avoid baths, swimming and hot tubs during your recovery period.Dhaval M. Patel Double board certified Plastic surgeon Hoffman Estates BarringtonOakbrook Chicago

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Sex Following your Vaginoplasty

We recommend to our patients that they wait six to eight weeks before resuming physical activity and sexual #intercourse. Also, no douching or the use of tampons for 4 to 6 weeks. If you had a #vaginoplasty it is also recommended that some stretching exercises of the surgical site start at six weeks to soften any scarring that may occur and to make the sexual experience more comfortable after surgery. This stretching exercise is not needed if you had a labiaplasty alone.
If you have certain concerns about the #healing process, it is recommended to call your board-certified surgeon or their medical staff and discuss those #concerns.

Sex aft vaginoplasy

hollowzen

I tell my patients to wait 6 weeks after surgery and have been doing this for more than 20 years.  The itching is the healing process and i recommend benadryl until the healing goes away.

good luck with your recovery

John  R Miklos MD
Cosmetic Vaginal Surgery
Atlanta ~Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

6 weeks

I usually ask patients to wait 6 weeks before intercourse after perineoplasty/vaginoplasty surgery. Your surgeon is the best point of contact for this. There can certainly be a small amount of drainage from the healing suture line, but continued discharge at this point is atypical. If this was present beforehand you should be checked by your doctor for a yeast infection or other source. The incision does not appear infected from the photo above.

Sex after vaginoplasty

I usually recommend sex starting 6 weeks after vaginoplasty if the tissues have healed well. Make sure you use a lot of lubricant (I recommend coconut oil). Good luck.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

Sex after Vaginoplasty-- WHEN?!

The answer unequivocally will be up to your surgeon. While women will be able to safely and enjoyably be able to have penetrative intercourse (there are other types of sex, y'know...) somewhere around 5/6- 8/9 weeks after perineoplasty/vaginoplasty, everyone heals at their own pace. Get an exam first please!

A vaginal discharge is normal for all women, and frequently is yellowish or yellowish-tan in the 4-6 weeks after vaginal surgery, secondary to healing & suture dissolving, but have it also checked out when you visit your surgeon. I usually ask my patients, once they are healed adequately (usually ~ 6-7 weeks) to use their APEX pelvic floor trainer carefully for a week to make sure there's no pain, and the penis-sized trainer can comfortably "fit" into the vagina prior to the more unrestrained joys of full-on intercourse...

Best!

Michael P Goodman MD

Sex Post Vaginoplasty

Get the green light from your surgeon!

Although you are probably fine, I would strongly recommend getting a final evaluation and a big YES on sex from your doctor

You asked the same question yesterday. The answer is the same today.

Six to 8 weeks is the typical healing time, but it requires an exam by your surgeon to be certain because everyone heals at their own pace. The presence of discharge might be related to suture material dissolving and it never has a pleasant odor, but your surgeon will be able to tell.