What type of liposuction would be best for me? (photos)

I am 218 lbs. 5 ft. 1 inches. I have tried dieting and diet pills and exercising when i am not working and chasing after my kids. I have had 3 c-sections and a tubal ligation. I have a rod and 3 screws in my left leg from an accident. I suffer from asthma problems and pursuing issues with my back. due to the weight i cant stand straight on my feet anymore.

Liposuction Candidate ? Weight Loss, Body Lifting, Multiple Procedures

Unfortunately you are not a candidate for liposuction alone, in fact you need bariatric surgery or extreme weight loss and followed by body lifting procedures.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction for obesity

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Actually liposuction is not the correct treatment for you -
  • It is not a weight loss procedure and you really need one!
  • At your height and weight, you are morbidly obese -
  • This means your obesity threatens your health as you already know.
  • Please ask your doctor to refer you to a bariatric surgeon for a gastric bypass operation.
  • After you lose the weight, you can have liposuction andy body lifting as needed. 
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Candidate for liposuction

It would appear that you are a reasonable candidate for liposuction. Here is some helpful information about Lipostuction: If you have excessive subcutaneous fat, which is resistant to diet and exercise.
If you wish to change the contours of your body. Commonly involved areas are the anterior part of the neck (under the chin), upper arms and armpits, male chest/breasts, trunk abdomen, waist, hips, thighs, inner knees, calves, and ankles.
Most patients are near normal weight and desire permanent contour changes. Patients with average weight, localized fat collections, and healthy elastic skin are the best candidates for liposuction. Obesity, cellulite, or loose, sagging, and inelastic skin are several conditions which may tend towards less desirable results. In fact, these problems may be worsened by liposuction. Unfortunately, many individuals performing liposuction are not trained in other techniques of body contouring and may not have the experience to recognize that a different procedure (such as a tummy tuck) may provide a better result for the patient. Suction Assisted Lipectomy (SAL) may be used in conjunction with other body contouring procedures, such as breast reduction, tummy tuck, thigh lift, or facelift.

Liposuction or tummy tuck

You are an excellent candidate for tummy tuck and lipo of back and sides.  The cost of this procedure is around $6000 and is an outpatient procedure

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

What procedure is ideal for you?

As many other physicians mentioned, you are at a higher BMI than most liposuction patients and most surgeons will probably turn you away. At our practice, we tend to assess each patient based on their own goals and we don't have a hard and fast BMI cut-off. Your skin tone looks pretty good. My guess is that lipo could get you down a full dress size, maybe from an 18 to a 16 or a 16 to a 14. If that is enough improvement in your mind, then you may consider liposuction.Do your best to slim down about 10 lbs or more and then consider liposuction. Good luck!

Liposuction is not for weight loss

Unfortunately, Liposuction is not for addressing weight loss. It is meant to address localised areas of fat deposit - in short, body contouring. Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) may be a better option for you. Before recommending a course of action, I would prefer to know more about your health. You should schedule an appointment with a board certified surgeon near you.

Damon Thomas, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

At your height and weight, you are not really a candidate for liposuction. You might want to consider consulting a bariatric surgeon first. Best of luck.

Achieve your healthy weight range before liposuction

Before you contemplate having liposuction or any other type of body contouring surgery, it is better that you achieve your healthy weight range.  This strict guideline is not just about helping you achieve good and predictable results, but also to minimize risk of complications such as poor wound healing and infection.
Good luck and best wishes. 

Thank you for your questions.  Looking at your photos, I would not recommend liposuction.  Although its not easy, weight loss would be required before I recommend any surgical intervention.  In the future, you would most likely be a better candidate for an abdominoplasty rather than liposuction.  Best of luck.

Aaron D. Smith, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

What type of liposuction would be best for me?

Just based on your photos and measurements, best for you first to lose weight so your BMI is as close to 30 as possible. You have a significant amount of extra skin/fat so you would be a better candidate for a tummy tuck rather than liposuction once you have lost the weight. Remember that your results will be better the closer you are to your ideal, goal weight. Good luck!