Who do I get in touch with?

If I want to go for a forehead lift ... How does it all start who do I get in touch with ? How do i find the beat surgeon plz advice
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Searching for a plastic surgeon

I would refer you to the American Society of Plastic Surgery website to find the board certified plastic surgeons near you. From this list you can then begin your search and selection process. Best of luck.

Consultation for Brow Lift

I suggest you look for surgeons who use all techniques to elevate the brows and reduce the size of the forehead when necessary. There are many physical characteristics  to consider such as brow position, hairline location, the laxity of the forehead and scalp skin, and the size of the forehead.  In most cases I prefer the Irregular Trichophytic Hairline Incision technique that we described many years ago.

Forehead lift candidate

Look for a surgeon who has extensive experience with forehead lifting procedures, and has an extensive portfolio of them  in their before and after  photo gallery on their website

If I want to go for a forehead lift ... How does it all start who do I get in touch with ?

Hi, I have performed many Brow Lifts and Eyelid Surgeries over the past 30 years. From the photos, your eyebrows do appear to be low. During your consultation, the surgeons should stand behind you as you look into a mirror and elevate your eyebrows into their proper aesthetic position as outlined in my book on face and body beauty. When this is done there are three possible outcomes that decide what should be considered, Brow Lift, Eyelid Surgery, or a combination of both.

1. All the excess upper eyelid fullness is gone when the brows are elevated to their proper aesthetic position. This means all the laxity is due to the low eyebrows and a Brow Lift is recommended alone. Should upper eyelid skin be removed in this scenario, the eyebrows will be pulled down further as the incision is closed, which should be avoided.
  2. None of the upper eyelid fullness is reduced. This means that the eyebrows are in the proper aesthetic position and all the fullness is due to excess upper eyelid skin and an Upper eyelid surgery alone is recommended.
  3. The most common in women over 50 years of age is when the brows are lifted, some but not all of the upper eyelid fullness is removed. This means the eyebrows are low and there is excess upper eyelid skin. For complete upper eyelid rejuvenation both a Brow Lift and upper eyelid surgery is required. If only a Brow Lift is performed some but not all of the upper eyelid fullness is reduced. If an upper eyelid surgery alone is considered, only the remaining amount of excess upper eyelid fullness shown with this maneuver can be removed. If more is removed, the eyebrows will be pulled downward. Hope this helps.

Who do I get in touch with for a forhead lift?

Hello Casper123ray,

There are many ways to go about finding a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon for your brow lift.  You can start here on Real Self or do a Google search for those in your area.  You can then look at their before and afters, reviews/testimonials, philosophy, etc.  If you know anyone who has had the surgery and been happy, that is also a great place to start.  Once you have narrowed it down to a few, you should schedule a consultation with two.  With a forehead lift (or brow lift) there are many treatment options ranging from the endoscopic to the coronal (larger incision made in the hairline).  There are pros and cons to the various treatment options which your surgeon can discuss.  There is a good chance that when you consult with two different surgeons you will hear different recommendations.  The reason is there are many good options and your surgeon will recommend the one he or she feels most comfortable with to help you get the result you want.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow surgery

casper123ray, as with any facial plastic procedure see an experienced surgeon that is board certified and does "only faces". Make sure they are familiar with a segmental approach to endoscopic brow surgery. Search the Internet. Watch the video for more infromation. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Choosing a Plastic Surgeon

In the age of the Internet choosing a Plastic surgeon is a fairly easy task. 
Go the the website of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) at wwwplasticsurgeryorg all of whose members are certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery, the only board certified by the American Board of Medical Specialusts wwwabmsorg to certify surgeons in Plastic Surgery. Once at this site you can pick the surgeons in your area. Then go over the list and review them and their training and online reviews. After you have narrowed the list, go visit several of these surgeons and pick the one you like and whose staff makes you feel the most comfortable. 

Peter Aldea MD
Memphis, TN

How to start your search 101

Casper123ray,
Thanks for your question.  Most people start with a google search customized to the procedure and then the area you live.  This should give you an idea of all Facial plastic, General plastic and Oculoplastic surgeons that perform a forehead or browlift.  Review the websites and online reviews.  Realself.com will also provide local surgeons for your to evaluate.  Ask your friends about local surgeons.  Your primary care doctor and office staff are a good source of information along with your optometrist and definitely your ophthalmologist.  Good luck.

Paul E. Goco, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead lift

In your case it would be best to start with a well known board certified plastic surgeon in your area. After detailed clinical evaluation and discussion about your options you may still consider looking for other options on internet. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon