Do I have festoons? (photo)

Is there anyway I can get rid of it?

Doctor Answers 3

Options for festoons

You may find the best results with a combination of treatments.  Lasers can help improve the overall texture and quality of the skin.  There are varying strengths and types of lasers depending on how aggressive you want to be.  Fillers can also be used to help contour the area.  Visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to learn more.

Houston Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

Plenty of options--lasers, radiofrequency, Co2, fillers for festoons

Yes, these are festoons. These can be improved with a combination of lasers (clear and brilliant, Fraxel) with radiofrequency and/or even co2 resurfacing.  Fillers can also help this area if placed correctly. I recommend getting a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 190 reviews

It seems you do

So thats what festoons look like. They are an anatomical definition between the lower lid and malar fat pad. They are often congenital or appear in later life as the face ages. 

The treaments are varied and of variable effectiveness

First try laser tightening like the fraxel laser or even chemical peels. The next step is mid face volume with fillers or fat and lastly some kind of surgery. Nothing is  a perfect treatment though sadly. 

Hope that helps. 

Adam Goodwin

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.