I had Total FX 3 weeks ago by my dermatologist. I still have some patchy redness but healed overall.

how long must I wait for another treatment? Should I seek a facial plastic surgeon instead of my regular dermatologist?

Deep FX Co2 laser

Patchy redness  is typical  the 3 weeks after co2 laser with the ultrapulse co2 deep FX.  You should continue on with your post laser skin care protocol.   You also should be careful to avoid and protect yourself from  sun exposure.  In my practice the earliest we consider secondary treatments with the deep FX technology is at 3 months.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Total FX improvements occur over time

Hi, I just added a link that might be helpful...

Hi.  Improvements to your skin can occur for months after the Total FX treatment and patchy redness at 3 weeks suggests that you are still healing.  Waiting at least 6 months is reasonable-continue other professional skin care to maintain your result in the interim.  Best wishes,

Total FX

Hello, and thanks for your question. 

Best to wait until you're fully healed, which can take up to a couple of months. Make sure to protect yourself from the sun while you're healing. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon