Should I be concerned with this much bruising after BA? (Photo)

I am 6 days post op. 560 cc silicone unders. My 1 day post op my PS said everything looked good. I have my 1 wk post op tomorrow but am wondering and nervous if maybe I should've contacted him sooner because of the extensive bruising? I realize every body is different but most post op pics I see there is minimal bruising. I think I do bruise easier than others & I am currently just experiencing seeiiling with tightness bilaterally, numbness in right hand & uncomfortableness managed with Tylenol.

Should I be concerned with this much bruising after BA?

You do appear to have more bruising than most but hard to say if this is worrisome without a physical exam. With a hematoma, you also experience pain and swelling. Best to make sure your operating surgeon properly evaluates and examines you at your postop appointment. Good luck!!!

Bruising after augmentation

Some bruising can be normal. A formal exam in person would be the best to determine if there is a problem or not. Best of luck.

1 week post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Is this bruising normal?

I would not be overly concerned with this amount of bruising. While you do have more bruising than some patients postoperatively, this is not uncommon, and you may be more of a bruiser than other patients. Overall, because there is not too much swelling of the breast (which you would see with a hematoma) and the bruising seems to be resolving (it looks more purple than black), I would not be too concerned and recommend you continue following up regularly with your plastic surgeon. 

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after surgery

Thanks for your inquiry and pictures.  I feel like this is more bruising than normal, but if you bruise more easily than most people then that may explain it.  I am glad you are seeing your doctor regularly and please call and discuss your concern before the appointment.

Bruising after breast augmentation

This amount of bruising is fine and will all resolve.  Your photos show some early "double bubble" breast contouring with breast tissue appearing to be falling off the implant mound. This can be exacerbated by capsular contracture, which can in turn be exacerbated by the presence of blood.  You should consult with your physician and consider a bandeau bra to put pressure on the upper pole of the breasts.  You may also want to consider using a medication called zafirkulast (accolate) to minimize capsular contracture.

Extensive bruising after BA

It's always wise to make sure when you see a lot of bruising, that there isn't a hematoma (bleeding) on the inside.  So, best to go back and see your surgeon about this.  Hopefully, it is just innocent bruising that will clear in 10-14 days.

Rough Surgeon

That's really the only truth here. Some surgeons are less delicate than others. While some patients bruise more easily, this amount is atypical. Always best to see your surgeon. As long as there isn't a significant difference between breasts you should be OK.