She had no before/after photos male breast reduction. Should I be concerned?

she explained the incison place and how it was all going to go down she said she done it before but the question is should i be concerned on the fact that the surgeon im going threw has no pictures of her work on the issue ??thankyou

How to Select a Plastic Surgeon for Gynecomastia Surgery

It is most imperative to select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

From reading ALL yapper postings you still need to see MORE boarded PSs that can show you before and after photos. Do not go based upon $$s but upon experience...

Male breast reduction

Just because your doctor does not have examples of the operation you request, does not mean that she can not do an excellent job.

Pre-and postop photographs are normal part of the surgical consultation.

Pre-and postoperative photographs are not absolutely necessary but they are provided by the vast majority of surgeons and demonstrate the quality of their work, understanding that it is a surgeon that chooses which pictures to show.

Gynecomastia Florida FL

How should I choose a surgeon?
Selecting a surgeon is as important a choice as the decision to undergo surgery. Choose carefully. The decision is yours. What follows is some advice to assist in making your selection.
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon who has performed over one thousand gynecomastia cases increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures a surgeon displays, the better. Pay attention not just to the number of pictures, but whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3. Reviews matter. Have patients reviewed your surgeon? Did those patients undergo the surgery you are considering?
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Are they certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
We hope these guidelines are of assistance when you are selecting your surgeon. When undergoing surgery, it is very important to be realistic about your expectations. Past results are not a guarantee of future results. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Keep searching

Hi Florida, My compliments on sniffing out a red flag during your consultations, and there are a lot of excellent plastic surgeons on the Florida West Coast, and Plastic surgeons love to show off their work with before and after pictures. Watch my video on the top five reasons to eliminate a surgeon from your list of candidates.

Max Gouverne, MD
Corpus Christi Plastic Surgeon