External yellowish white depression after septorhinoplasty. Any suggestions? (photos)

I've had this little spot since after I had my cast taken off. It doesn't seem to be worsening, nor does it seem to be getting better. It does not exhibit any telltale signs of infection, such as heat, excessive redness, puffiness, itchiness or weeping. It's just... there. I am concerned that it might be healing poorly. I had an alar base reduction and there were stitches there that were removed only a few days ago. The surgery itself was only a little over two weeks ago. Please help, I am so worried. :(

Post-septorhinoplasty healing

Thank you for the question and the photo! It is rather difficult to fully assess your situation without an in-person examination. Considering that your procedure took place just a little over two weeks ago, it is not uncommon to note some swelling and irregularities on your nose. In many cases, it takes about 4-6 months for swelling to completely resolve. For a full evaluation of your concern, I would recommend scheduling an appointment with your board-certified plastic surgeon to determine whether the depression in question requires a medical attention or it is likely to disappear in the course of the healing process. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

Alar Base Reduction Incision Concerns

Dear Kassurinreichan, I would see your surgeon for a diagnosis to determine the treatment to heal this area. You do have some tracking from the sutures which may have been left in to long. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Alar base narrowing ulceration

The suture marks can be seen tracking along the Weir incision (which can't easily be seen as it's well hidden in the alarfacial groove). The area of concern appears to be a superficial ulceration of the skin. As it is most likely only a partial thickness ulceration, the skin will heal over in the course of a couple of weeks. The best treatment is to have an ointment constantly covering it. Wounds heal better that way.