I lost weight and my inner thigh is all wiggly. What can be done to help me look good in my swimming suit? I look terrible

Thigh Lift after Weight Loss

Congratulations on the weight loss and thank you for your question!

A medial thigh lift is a surgical procedure to remove excess skin and fatty tissue from the medial thighs. There are a variety of different techniques used by your surgeon for a medial thigh lift so I recommend you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

How bad is it?

Often inner thigh changes after weight loss require a formal thigh lift for correction and there are multiple techniques available.  It depends on the amount weight you have lost and the overall elasticity of the skin.  Usually liposuction alone after the changes associated with weight loss will only make the problem worse.

Scott Thellman, MD
Lawrence Plastic Surgeon

Inner thigh lift will resolve your issue

You will benefit from surgery.  Inner thigh lift will resolve your concerns. See a plastic surgeon for in person evaluation

Vasdev Rai, MD

Wiggly thighs after weight loss

Congrats on the weight loss.  Sorry that losing weight can leave you with more skin laxity but there are several options on removing excess skin to help you reach your goals.  Best to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon and after examining you, they can best figure out which option is best for you.  Again congratulations on your weight loss.

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Thigh Lift Surgery

Hello and thank you for your question.

Without a picture it is a bit difficult to suggest a specific procedure.

It sounds like a thigh lift will help restore the tone to your inner and outter thighs and reduce the "jiggly" look you described.  

There are various methods to do a thigh lift.  Without photos it is hard to say what is best for you.

Take heart though, this issue can be corrected with plastic surgery.

Thank you,

Dr. Obeng
Beverly Hills, CA

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Thighs wigly

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss. Cannot say exactly without photos, but sometimes one of up to 4 different kinds of thigh lifts can be performed that may help your situation.
Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

I lost weight and my inner thigh is all wiggly. What can be done to help me look good in my swimming suit?

Thank you for your question.  If you have loose, hanging skin along your inner thigh, you may be a candidate for a thigh lift provided that your weight is stable and that you're not a smoker.  With a thigh lift, the excess skin is cut out, tightening your thigh and improving your contour.  Be sure to consult with an experienced plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS