I have a lot of loose skin and I know I'm a candidate for a brachioplasty. How do I proceed?

But there is excess skin from elbow to wrist. Not a lot - but enough to know it needs tightening. How do I proceed?

I Need a Brachioplasty

• Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. See the link below for more information.

Wilmington Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift

Thank you for your question.  You need to be seen in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon who is an expert in the arm lift procedure to determine if you qualify.  

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

I'm a candidate for a brachioplasty. How do I proceed?

First I 'd ask if there will no longer losing weight, and if you are sure about it.
Then you can find a certified doctor who understands your expectation and provide you the best options to achieve your results.
The expectations of a patient is the most delicate in a consultation , the clear understanding of what you want will be key to your doctor to give you an realistically orientation and to achieve the best results
Each doctor has a unique process in its orientation , technique , results, etc. so the experience with this procedure depends of this choice.

Alicia Sigler, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Loose arm skin to the wrists

Hello and thank you for your question. As far as I know there are only a few surgeons who will do extended arm lifts to the wrists. 
I happen to be one of them I have done 6 or 7 of them fortunately without any problems.  Try to see if any ps in your community do them. If not don't hesitate to contact me if you would like to.
Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Without photos and the benefit of physical exam- it's difficult to comment accurately. Generally speaking, it sounds as though you may be a candidate for a brachioplasty. The main decision with body contouring operations and especially the brachioplasty is to accept the fact that there will be a scar from the elbow to the arm pit. This will allow maximum tightening of this area. It's a great operation provided that the scar is acceptable. Seek an experienced Board Certified PS for in person exam

Arm lift

The best place to start is to find Board Certified Plastic surgeons in your area and schedule a consultation.  At this appointment you'll be asked about your medical history and any medications you are taking.  You can expect an exam by the surgeon, who will also explain the procedure including benefits, risks, and recovery.  You may want to take along a list of questions since it's often hard to remember everything when you're at the appointment.  You will also receive an estimate for the cost of the procedure.  Best of luck!

Camille Cash, MD

I have a lot of loose #skin and I know I'm a candidate for a #brachioplasty. How do I proceed?

Great question--if you think you are a candidate for surgery, the next step is to start research plastic surgeons in your area and scheduling consults the them.  You want to be sure they are board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery--if you google it and go to their website you can look up surgeons that way.  The ABPS is the only accepted board for plastic surgeons and just because people advertise as a "cosmetic" surgeon does not mean that they are trained appropriately or even a plastic surgeon at all.  Just do your homework.  Make a list of questions that you would like to ask and bring that with you to any appointments that you schedule.  Choose your surgeon based on the feeling that you get when you go to the office and meet with them as well as their qualifications.  You should feel comfortable with whomever you choose. Good luck!

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Best is to set up in person consultations with boarded PSs in your area>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thank you for your question!

Arm lift surgery, or brachioplasty, is the perfect solution for improving upper arm contours when flaps of sagging skin create a “bat wing” appearance that no amount of dieting or exercise will correct. Whether excess arm skin is the result of significant weight loss or skin laxity caused by aging, an arm lift can help you get slimmer, shapelier upper arms that look youthful and trim. 

I recommend a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your cosmetic goals. 

Arm lift - how do I start

Thank you for asking about your arm lift.

• The usual arm lift is done for excess skin from the arm pit to the elbow.
  • Excess skin in the lower arm, elbow to wrist, usually is not surgically treated.
  • Office treatments (from Botox to microneedling) may help you -
  • Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon near you and arrange a consultation.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.