Will juvederm work for me? Typically how long do fillers last and what type of doctor should I see? (Photo)

Age 55 , hibernating and seldom look in mirrors , terrified of what I will look like in 10 years. Been researching fillers and juvederm seems to be pretty safe . Presently In the process of of finishing up extensive dental work , will wait until after that's completed . I've never had any form of injectables so I'm nervous . . Ready to start consultations for Doctor , cost , and whatever fillers you can recommend Thank you !

Will juvederm work for me? Typically how long do fillers last and what type of doctor should I see?

Juvederm® or Restylane Lift® are robust fillers which are ideal for "propping up" the mouth corners. Results typically last 4-8 months and vary widely among different people due to genetics and overall metabolism. Please consult a board certified aestehtic dermatologist 

Miami Dermatologist

Solutions for volume loss

In patients with extensive volume loss and laxity and multi-factorial approach is often needed.  A combination of volume enhancing products like Voluma or Sculptra combined with some localized restylane and juvederm will likely be needed.  In addition, some Kybella under the chin with potentially a non-invasive tightening procedure will enhance your results.   It may be more cost effective to consider a fat transfer procedure as results are usually more long lasting given your need for multiple syringes of fillers.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Injecting Juvederm

You have a significant amount of volume loss and it would be best to discuss Voluma, Sculotra, and other long term fillers. Thermage would also be of benefit to you to tighten the jowls. Please consult an expereunced board certified dermatologist who does a great deal of cosmetic injections. Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

You really need a formal evaluation as you are a candidate for skin lifting/surgery, fillers/fat/sculptra, skin tightening with procedures like ultherapy/thermage, and lasers.  you need a combination approach for improvement.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Consider #Ultherapy and dermal fillers

You may want to consider a nonsurgical option like Ultherapy to tighten the skin as this is a treatment to reduce skin laxity. See the link below for an ebook about Ultherapy.

You will also need dermal fillers to soften the nasolabial folds and to augment volume loss in the mid face and lower face.

Best
Dr Karamanoukian
#RealSelf100

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Fillers vs surgical interventions

Fillers can work wonderfully well and provide lasting changes when administered properly.  The problem is that the greater the skin laxity and volume loss, the more volume required to provide an effect.  Fillers can get VERY expensive in a face with findings such as what you have.  It is likely much more cost effective to have pan-facial fat grafting and a surgical facelift in your situation.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD
Miami Physician

Fillers

The area of most significant aging is the marionette lines.  These can be filled with HA filler such as Juvederm or Restylane.  The NLF can also be softened with some filler.  We often put the filler into the cheek to help restore volume there which can help to soften the NLF.  You may want to consider surgery such as a face and neck lift to really help with the facial laxity. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

From your photos- it appears that you would benefit from a facelift/ neck lift. That is the only way- in my opinion to remove excess skin, tighten and rejuvenate your face. 

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Facelift

If your goal is facial rejuvenation then you need a full SMAS facelift. Possibly Carbon Dioxide laser resurfacing.
Fillers are not a substitute for a facelift

Based upon the posted photos a minor improvement using fillers in a "liquid FaceLift" can be achieved. The amounts of fillers would be quite costly in the $7,000 range. So why not consider A FaceLift surgery??? Best to seek in person opinions from boarded PSs.