How long after lipo until you're completely healed?

I had bbl almost 3 weeks ago, my gluteus are not hurt anymore but my lipo is still very tight in areas and still hurts when touched. Is this normal? How much longer until it's completely healed ?

Healing after liposuction

Thank you for your question. Healing after liposuction is usually pretty straight forward.  There is a process of swelling and bruising that peaks at 3 days after surgery and then undergoes the first stage of major resolution in the first 2 weeks after surgery.  The later phase of healing takes place over the 2-3 months after surgery where everything really settles and softens.  It is after this time that we are getting close to the final result, though this varies patient to patient. 

Your body is still going through the healing process especially the liposuction areas.  We recommend our patients to continue wearing their compression garments and have daily massages.  It is normal to still have swelling and it might take 2 months or more to go away.  Consult with your surgeon since every patient's recovery period is different.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

BBL

Generally, most of the swelling has resolved by 6-8 weeks and you should start to see your final results by then. During the recovery period leading up to that your buttocks will continue to change slightly as the swelling resolves but my 8 weeks you should be able to get an idea of what your final outcome will look like and by 6 months you should be completely healed. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

BBL

It can take 6 months or more for the swelling to go away completely. Everyone is different so it can be difficult to say for sure.

You have to give your body at least 12 weeks to start seeing results and final results can take 3-6 months depending the way your body heals.  Too early to judge on the final result. You are still at the healing stage. The area in your lower back will be still bruised and swollen and this will take 8-12 weeks to settle. Wear your garment and keep your follow up with your surgeon.

Best Of Luck!!

Rami Ghurani, MD