I decided to have some work done to my body. Considering TT, Full Body Lipo & Fat transfer to the breast. Any advice? (photo)

I am not yet comfortable with breast implants and will rather do a fat transfer with Liposuction and tummy tuck. How safe is it to combine these procedures? How long will I take to re-cover from the surgery?

Mommy make over

Dear TechDiva,
  Thanks for submitting your pictures. Based on your pictures, I would recommend to you to start with the tummy tuck surgery and hold off combining with the other procedures for safety reasons and also because tummy tuck surgery can change you dramatically due to weight loss . That occurs due to the abdominal muscle tightening that reduces the amount of food that you can eat and the sense of hunger. Weight loss will reduce your breasts size, so, by having breasts surgery later, you will be able to select the right size of implants. Fat injection to the breasts  is a waste of time and money, unless you want to increase the breasts size by mere 1/2 to 1 size after multiple injections procedures. Liposuction is always best to perform after you lose weight and can assess more accurately where and how much  need to be done. Cosmetic surgery is purely elective and as such , complication should be reduced to a minimum. Patients over estimate , at times, their ability to recover quickly and without complications,  from  painful operation. Also, consider the fact of surgeon's fatigue from multiple combined surgeries, that might give you less than optimal result. So be wise and careful . Always  , consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Check the before and after in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive.
                           Dr Widder

Combining a Mommy Makeover with Additional Surgery Sites

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.
In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity. 

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

It's safe in the right hands

That combination is fine as long as precautions are taken.  I would recommend that you maximize your weight loss prior to undergoing any type of cosmetic body procedure.  Let's say you did it all and it went great -- then you lose weight.  Well, the fat that was put in your breasts is going to shrink as you lose weight and you may lose the effect.  In actuality, fat grafting is not a pure science and it is very unlikely that a single fat grafting session to the breasts will be your answer.  Depending on how much liposuction you have done, you may want to consider spending the night in the hospital.  Make sure your surgeon has privileges at the hospital if it's done in a surgery center or office suite.  Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

Thank you for your questions and photos.  It appears that you would benefit from lipo and a tummy tuck, but should be seen in person by a board certified plastic surgeon to determine if you should lose weight before undergoing the procedure.  I would recommend that you get implants rather than fat transfer to the breasts, but it can be done.  Recovery can take about three months, but it depends on the surgeon and patient.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

How long is recovery?

Anywhere from 4-6 weeks is a standard time frame for healing from a tummy tuck. Combining fat transfer to the breast with a tummy tuck should be fine, but know that there is a limit of 1 liter of fat when performing a tummy tuck for patient safety reasons.

Melinda Lacerna, MD FACS

I decided to have some work done to my body. Considering TT, Full Body Lipo & Fat transfer to the breast. Any advice?

From these photos, you seem to be a great candidate for a mommy makeover and should get a result you are very happy with. A full tummy tuck with liposuction of the waist and flanks would address your areas of concern. Breast augmentation would give you a result you would be happy with. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon your choose. Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mommy make-over with breast fat transplants

Thank you for your question about your liposuction and tummy tuck.

• Often one can combine a tummy tuck with liposuction and fat transfers.
  • The question is your health and weight - and length of surgery.
  • Your surgeon will assess you and recommend if it is safe to combine these procedures.
  • Recovery will be the usual tummy tuck recovery which is 2 weeks before you can return part-time to a nearby desk job and 6-8 weeks to vigorous exercise.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes

Combining breast and body surgeries can save you money and recovery time

It appears as though you're an excellent candidate for exactly what you want, but I'd have to see you in person to give you a more detailed answer.  Fat grafting to the breasts is an outstanding way to increase the volume and size of the breasts using your own fat.  This fat is harvested with liposuction from the abdomen, flanks, back, and thighs to give a "double benefit" of a thinner body with larger breasts.  Done the right way, these procedures can be combined with a tummy tuck and the recovery will take 10-14 days.  

Thank you for your question!

Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Mommy Makeover Breast Augmentation Without Implants

Want to enlarge or improve your breasts with your own fat?
For years, Plastic Surgeons and their patients have desired to transfer unwanted fat from their tummy or thighs to their breasts. We are now are able to do this safely.
If you have been considering a Breast Lift or improving your appearance after breast augmentation or Breast Reconstruction but are not comfortable with introducing artificial material into your body, you may want to look into the benefits of breast augmentation with fat transfer. An alternative to breast implants is fat transfer also known as fat grafting or lipoinjection. This technique allows women the option of enhancing the appearance of their breasts without the potential problems of saline or silicone implants such as hardness, rippling or rupture.
Who is a candidate?
  • Any woman who is healthy
  • Women with sufficient body fat for the procedure
  • Women considering breast augmentation who wish to be one cup size larger or less
  • Women who have had breast augmentation or reconstruction but who lack fullness or have contour concerns. Fat transfer can further enhance and reshape your breasts while smoothing out visible or palpable edges of breast implants. This will disguise implant rippling and wrinkling.
  • Women with normal mammography

Combination procedures

As long as you are in good health, it would be safe to combine these procedures.  Ask your PS about fat grafting and how many surgeries she/he performs.  Expect recovery to be at least 2 weeks from work and 6 weeks before resuming physical activity such as lifting weights and running.

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon