Looking for a doctor for Tummy tuck and laser for stretch marks in MD-DC area?

I am 37 years old with saggy belly after having twins. I also have stretch marks on the belly, butt and thigh. I have decided to have tummy tuck and get rid of the stretch marks (I have tried many creams with no success). Please suggest good doctors in the Maryland-DC area, preferably in Maryland.

Tummy tuck

A tummy tuck will not only remove excess fat and skin but also stretch marks. Stretch marks in the upper abdomen cannot usually be removed but everything from the belly button down is usually excised. Laser IPL treatments can help but are usually not dramatically effective.  

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Looking for a doctor for Tummy tuck and laser for stretch marks in MD-DC area

Greetings

Thank you for your question, 

Loss of skin elasticity and skin sagging occurs due to effects of gravity over time. These problems can be seen in any part of body but especially in abdominal area. Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) is a surgical procedure to make the abdomen thinner and more firm. It consists of removing excess skin and fat tissue and muscle repairing if required. In some patients it can be combined with liposuction. There are several variations of tummy tuck surgery like regular tummy tuck, mini tummy tuck, extended tummy tuck each designed to target certain areas of the abdomen. During the procedure the incision will be made low at about the same level as your pubic hair for the scar to be hidden under bikini level. For improved tightening of the upper abdomen a small incision around belly button might be necessary. Placement of the belly button is very important for a beautiful belly. Tummy tuck operation is also a surgical choice for patients whom want to get rid of love handles. Our experienced plastic surgeons will explain these options and help you find out best treatment plan to reach satisfactory results.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Tummy tuck surgery

Dear Hanit,

Tummy tuck surgery is one of the best investments in yourself. It will increase your self esteem, confidence, sense of femininity and will make shopping fun again..

Tummy tuck surgery will give you flat stomach, tight and youthful skin , nice belly button and most likely you will lose significant weight due to the muscles tightening which will reduce the amount of food that you can eat and your sense of hunger. 

You have to realize, though, that not all results are the same, because experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good outcome. So do your due diligence carefully and choose your surgeon wisely , to avoid bad result and need for corrective surgery. Do not select your surgeon by the cost but rather by the quality of his or her's work.

Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with flat stomach, tight and youthful skin, nice belly button and low scar. Also, check the reviews on 'RealSelf' for ratings and positive experience reports.

Best of luck

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question.  You are off to a good start with your research.  Realself and the ASPS website can be helpful resources to find plastic surgeons in your area.   If you are an appropriate candidate, a tummy tuck can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Looking for a doctor for tummy tuck and laser for stretch marks in MD-DC area

Thank you for sharing your question.  Though I can not recommend a specific surgeon, attached below is the website link that can help you find board certified plastic surgeons in your desired area.  Additionally, most stretch marks can only be removed through surgical means as lasers, creams, and ointments typically result in disappointing results.  Hope this helps.

Tummy tuck

A tummy tuck is a good treatment to tighten he abdominal wall and to remove excess loose skin of the abdomen.  Have yet to see a laser work well on stretch marks but many of the stretch marks below the umbilicus to pubis will likely be removed with the tummy tuck.

Tummy Tuck decision

Thanks for your question. It is a difficult decision to decide upon surgery, but after twins there is usually extreme skin laxity. In my experience lotions or creams have limited success with stretch marks. In my own practice the goal is to always remove many stretch marks as possible in the abdomen, but of course there are limits depending on of high up in the abdomen they travel. There are also different types of tummy tuck depending on your goals and degree of skin laxity.

I have included an faq link link below. I hope it is helpful as you begin your research in our area.

Hope this helps.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question.  There are several of us in the Maryland area, and I think all of us will say we are very good at what we do.  I recommend you talk to one or more plastic surgeons, take a look at the facility where you have your appointment, make sure your feel comfortable with your surgeon, and then make a decision.  Best to speak to a board certified plastic surgeon.  All the best, 

Keshav Magge, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Looking for a doctor for Tummy tuck

Thank you for the question. Although I cannot provide you with a specific names,  I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link ( dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.