I am thinking of getting breast implants and was wondering how bad this would change the appearance of my tattoo? (Photo)

Tattoo

Thank you for your question. I agree, your tattoo will probably spread and appear a bit bigger (wider and longer) with an implant. The overall shape of the tattoo should remain the same.
Best,Benjamin J. Cousins MDBoard Certified Plastic Surgeon

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

I am thinking of getting breast implants and was wondering how bad this would change the appearance of my tattoo?

Well, I once had a woman who had a fairy on a lily pad tattoo on her abdomen, and after tummy tuck, she only had a tip of the fairy's wing on a blue water area--looked like a shark fin in the ocean. She and I got a good laugh from that, but we had discussed this in detail PRIOR to surgery and she didn't care. (Perhaps over tattooing was planned, but I don't know.)

Your tattoo is on the edge of where skin would stretch with breast augmentation, and then it will stretch only minimally (even with larger implants, IMHO). I don't think you have anything at all to worry about. Even if it were to stretch and enlarge slightly, it is still a perfectly tasteful and pretty tattoo that will not be a problem. Forge ahead, my dear! Best regards! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Tattoos and Implants

Addition of volume to the breast will stretch the overlying skin. The maximal stretch would be in the areas near the nipple and will taper to the sides. But, the wide the implant and the more it extends laterally the more forward force it will push forward resulting in more pull and distortion. The good news is that yours is quite to the side and unless you have very large implants there should be no large forces AND with time skin stretches and gives resulting in less tension so the tattoos may not appear as pulled.
Dr. Peter A. Aldea
Memphis, TN

Will implants change the appearance of my tattoo?

The skin envelope of the breast will relax to accommodate the implant after breast augmentation, though most of the stretch or give will be in the center and nipple areola, and the lower breast skin. Our guess is that the tattoo will pull forward a bit but the shape will be the same.

Breast Implants and Tattoo

It all is going to depend on what size implants you choose to go with. I would expect the tattoo to stretch out some though no matter what.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

How will implants change your tattoo?

It may look slightly larger, but a lot of that also depends on how big of an implant you choose.  The good news is that if you are unhappy with your tattoo after breast augmentation, you could always have it removed or covered up.  Good luck!

Breast implants, tattoo

Thank you for your question. It will look stretched and may look slightly prominent. You look like a good candidate for breast augmentation based on the limited picture

Thank you for the question and picture. I would expect that the tattoo would be stretched and larger; otherwise, it should not change too much.  Best wishes.

Tattoo and breast augmentation

It's hard to accurately predict how your tattoo may change, if at all, but it seems you should be prepared that it might change and feel that risk is worth it. Good luck with your decision!

Neil Fine, MD