Scared of Capsular Contracture: Have I overdone it after BA?

I am 7 weeks post op 325cc textured implants Submuscular. My right has been recovering faster than my left but both healing. My surgeon advised me to wear the sports bra day and night for 8 weeks. I chose to start wearing non wired bras and bikinis at my job as a dancer and also worked 5 nights in a row. Now both my breasts feel noticeably tighter, it feels strange to flex my muscles again like in week 2/3 I am really scared I have delayed my healing, or worse caused capsular contracture.

Recovery Timeline

Typically, at 6 weeks I allow my patients to slowly resume their upper body work outs. You should be safe to do so at this point but you may have overdone it. I would recommend that you rest and let your Plastic Surgeon know if you have ongoing concerns.

All the best

Activity

Most likely you have not done any damage and your pect muscles are only just getting used to being active again - the golden rule is if it does not feel right then reduce that activity - and if concerned about changes in the breasts then see you surgeon

Most likely not CC

Most likely not CC but always address any changes with your surgeon because a physical exam can give more accurate diagnosis.  Your symptoms are most likely muscular.  Most CC do not occur bilaterally.

Best Wishes,

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Worried after breast augmentation ....too much activity?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• The good news is that it is really not likely that you are forming a capsular contracture -
  • it sounds as though your pectoral (chest) muscles weren't ready for so much activity.
  • Often massage and ice will help but don't do anything until you check in with your own surgeon.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast augmentation recovery

You've probably just overworked your healing muscles.  I would suggest resting for a few days and taking an anti inflammatory medication such as ibuprofen.  Discuss this situation with your plastic surgeon to see what he/she advises.

Camille Cash, MD