Help! Lip lift or not? (photo)

After having lip fillers a few times I was never satisfied, I felt something still didn't look right. I realised it may be my upper lip I'm not happy with. Would anyone else agree it's my top lip that's out of proportion or am I missing something.

Lip Lift

From your pictures it appears that you would benefit from volume addition to your lips with either filler or fat injections as well as a direct lip lift under the base of your nose using a bull horn pattern.  This will add volume to your lips, lift your upper lip, decrease the distance between your upper lip and nose base, and evert the red portion of your upper lip.  Good luck!

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Lip Lift

Thank you for your question. Your top lip is smaller than your lower lip. Although lip augmentation with fillers is an ideal procedure for adding volume to thin lips, it is not permanent. An excellent technique for permanent lip augmentation is fat injections. I suggest that you consult with your single or double board certified facial plastic surgeon to consider direct/sub-nasal/corner lip lifts as well.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip balance

You have been blessed with stunning features so whether you have surgery or not you will be gorgeous either way!  That said, you are definitely on the right track in terms of lip imbalance.  You have a long upper lip and philtrum with associated thinning of the "red show" below.  A well-performed lip lift will shorten the upper lip and roll out the red portion to give a fuller, more balanced, appearance. This would likely decrease or eliminate the need for fillers as well. Make sure you consult with a surgeon experienced in this procedure as scarring can be quite disfiguring if done without care. Good luck!

Justin Cohen, MD
Washington DC Otolaryngologist