My nipples are too high on my chest post breast reduction. What can be done?

I had a breast reduction 9 months ago. My breasts have gradually dropped. Now my nipples seem too high on my chest. What can be done about it? Thank you for your time.

Lipo-lift, breast lift, breast reduction, mastopexy, benelli, augmentation mastopexy

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size. It works very well if there are asymmetries. I can also use the removed fat as a natural breast augmentation by grafting the fat back into the breast to create more projection or into the top to create more cleavage. This procedure can also be combined with an implant if needed or wanted.  It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast-feeding. If you gain or lose weight, the transferred fat can do the same. This can also be used for revision surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.  

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon 

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast reduction

It would of course be best to see you in person and assess things. If your nipples have become high with the 'dropping of your breasts' then this suggests there has been a significant degree of bottoming out. Nipples that were just about ok just after your surgery are prone to appearing high as the breast changes shape. This can be improved by addressing the bottoming out itself and improving the relationship of the lower half of the breast to the top half. If the nipples from the beginning have been placed too high then this is more difficult to put right but there are techniques to help this also. I advise seeking the opinion of your original surgeon. If not then a fully qualified plastic surgeon who is experienced in cosmetic breast surgery. I hope this is helpful.

Jonathan Adamthwaite FRCS (Plast)

Jonathan Adamthwaite, FRCS (Plast)
Manchester Plastic Surgeon