Do I need a breast lift? (photos)

I would like to have a breast enlargement but I was wondering if a breast uplift is really necessary for me.

Do I need a breast lift?

Hello DearThank you so much for your question and your picture.After seeing the pictures you only need breast implants, these would give a desired increase and would give an aesthetically more natural image defined. best regards!!

Do you need a lift?

Only surgery and in particular a lift will improve your appearance as you desire. Here is some general information that may be of help to you.
BREAST LIFT (MASTOPEXY)WHO IS A CANDIDATE
  • If you have sagging breasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, weight loss, or aging.
  • If the sagging is expected to be present after an implant.
  • If your nipple-areolar complexes (pigmented areas around nipples) are enlarged or not similar.
INTENDED RESULTA mastopexy or breast-lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is used for breasts that sag but are not overly large. Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as a part of aging. Pregnancy, breastfeeding, and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis (sagging). Some patients will achieve a better breast shape if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy.
Results can include:
  • An elevated, more youthful breast contour.
  • Nipple-areolar complexes of the desired size and at the correct height and similar location

Breast L

I appreciate your question. From your photos, you appear to demonstrate characteristics of tuberous breasts. Constricted or tubular breasts tend to be too narrow with a breast crease that is too high. Tight ring-like bands of tissue around the areolae and nipples may create the appearance of protruding or puffy areolae. A higher than normal breast crease may make your nipples appear to be too low or down pointing. Constricted breast features can be very mild or severe. In fact, mild variations are relatively common. To summarize, the features can include:
  •          Inframammary fold (breast crease) too high
  •          Inframammary fold misshapen
  •          Breasts too narrow (disproportionately narrow base width)
  •          Insufficient breast skin
  •          Constricted or tubular shape, resulting from tight bands of tissue within breasts
  •          Protruding or bulging appearance of areolae (pigmented area around nipples)
Improvement is possible and generally includes a breast augmentation, sometimes combined with a lift (mastopexy). The lift is usually limited to an incision around the areolae. During the procedure, I release the tight, constricting bands from the inside, allowing the skin to expand properly. I also lower the inframammary fold to a more ideal position and improve its shape. Breast implants help create the right amount of volume and improve breast contours, resulting in a more rounded or tear drop shape. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck!Dr. Jaime S. SchwartzBoard Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Do I need a breast lift?

Thank you for the question and pictures.   I think your breast photos do demonstrate some characteristics seen with tuberous (constricted) breasts. For example, the distance from the areola to inframammary folds seems to be tight and relatively short. The areola do demonstrate some features associated with tubular breast such as an increased width (and “puffiness”?). The infra mammary folds medially are widely spaced. 

Based on your photographs and description of concerns, it is likely that you will benefit from breast augmentation plus/minus areola reduction/lifting surgery (to improve any "puffy" areola and/or nipple/areola position concerns).

You will benefit from an in-person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. This consultation will allow for accurate advice that is best provided after a thorough history, physical examination, and detailed discussion of your goals. There are a lot of factors to consider when making recommendations; for example your life circumstances ( planned pregnancies, psychosocial situation…) and tolerance for scars are factors that should be taken into consideration by you and your plastic surgeon.  I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to corrective surgery for patients with tuberous/constricted breasts) helps. Best wishes.

Breast implants alone

From the picture you posted, it look like implants alone could give you the results you want. Oftentimes, an augmentation can give the illusion of a lift. After a minimum of 9 months, when the implants have settled, you'll have a better idea whether or not you think your breasts are perky enough. You can always get a lift later if needed. In the future, a pregnancy and significant weight change could affect your perkiness. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Constricted breasts

Thank you for your question. Looking at your photographs, I see you have constricted breast deformities. This means that the distance from your nipple to your ifra-mammary fold is very short with minimal skin. To correct this problem as well as increase your size and improve your shape, I have found a mastopexy (breast lift) is necessary to achieve desirable results. Your issue needs to be addressed by an experienced plastic surgeon.

Eric E. Wegener, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a breast lift?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD