Breast dropped. Will I have to pay to have my implants corrected? (Photo)

Will I have to pay to have my implants corrected or will the surgeon who put them in do it ? I don't have another 4000 I'm so upset

Costs related to breast correction

Each surgeon has a different financial guidelines. You will need to discuss with your surgeon to understand your options. 

The photographs provided does not allow us to guide you properly so in person consultation is in your best interests. 

Breast dropped. Will I have to pay to have my implants corrected?

You have very large breast implants which are more likely to sag than smaller breast implants.  I do not see evidence of bottoming out due to loss of the inframammary crease.

If you do decide to have surgery my guess is that smaller implants may be her best option.  Please see her plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns.  Each surgeon has their own policy with regard to costs of a revision.

Who pays for redo?

Without a preoperative photograph to compare to, it's very difficult to know how much dropping we’re talking about. With very large implants, and a stretched out soft-tissue envelope, invariably the weight of the implant will move downward and re-stretch the bottom of the pocket. I can't tell you what other surgeons will do as far as a touchup or redo I can only tell you what we do in our office. I think it's important and more fair to the patient that the policies for revisions are delineated before the first procedure is ever done. Our patients know what time frame and how much money it will cost to improve upon their result. That way there are no surprises. Each surgeon will have their own policies and it may vary from patient to patient. In my opinion, that's part of the informed consent process. If a breast lift was recommended but the patient chose to only have a large implant placed to "fill the space" then certainly some fee to convert to a mastopexy is fair. I would have a frank discussion about your disappointment with your plastic surgeon as none of us wants to have a dissatisfied patient. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast dropped.

I would suggest that you should discuss you present appearance with your plastic surgeon. Photos are not as helpful as an examination and a look at your pre-surgical issues of symmetry, as well.

Financial issues should be candidly discussed at that time.

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. Sorry to hear that. I would recommend speaking to your plastic surgeon about your concerns and asking him/her yourself. Every surgeon has their own protocols. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment after breast augmentation surgery. Based on your description, it is likely that you are dealing with a breast implant displacement problem.

Firstly, you will want to make sure that your plastic surgeon can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with this type of revisionary breast surgery. Then, you will need to discuss your concerns and goals in a calm/constructive fashion. It is likely that working together you will come up with the best plan (and the most cost-effective way) to improve your outcome.

You will find that revisionary surgery policies will vary from one practice to another. Costs of revisionary surgery may range from zero, to anesthesia/surgery center fees, to discounted surgeon's fees.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with longer term.

Breast dropped

Thank you for the question, im sorry to hear you didnt get the results you wanted, i could suggest you to talk to your doctor abour your concerns, and how you feel, also to always look for a board certified plastic surgeon for any kind of procedures.

Best of Luck,

Dr.Manuel Diaz

Manuel Diaz, MD

Breast dropped

Thank you for your question.   How long ago was your surgery?  If it's within the last few months, sometimes one implant settles into place before the other. Meet with your PS and discuss your concern. 

Chad Robbins, MD