My 450cc implants look saggy (Photo)

Hi i had 450cc implants in November but now they dont look big or good at all from the front and from the side I think they look saggy.

My 450cc implants look saggy

Your implants have sagged and bottomed out. My guess is that they are on top of the muscle. A breast lift and conversion to under the muscle may be needed.

Breast implants

Thank you for your question and photos.  It does appear that you need a revision to improve the appearance of your breasts.  A breast lift and implant exchange could likely give you an excellent result.  

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Bottomed out implant

The look of your photographs, it appears to me that your breasts have bottomed out. This means that the implants have migrated to low by stretching the lower part of the pocket. Sometimes this will be experienced by the patient as a pulling sensation or just an uncomfortable feeling. The remedy of this is to do some type of a capsulorraphy which is to reduce the bottom part of the pocket and return the breast implant so that is upward in the pocket and behind the nipple and areola. Sometimes, when the capsular tissue is very stretched an additional tissue support like an ADM such as Strattice is necessary. In my experience, the placement of a very large implant in a stretched out soft-tissue envelope seen after pregnancies and or weight loss will most likely lead to this as a sequela. I would recommend you go back to your plastic surgeon for advice. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Concerns after breast augmentation surgery…

I am sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced.
I think your concerns are appropriate; your breast implants do seem do sit quite low on your chest wall, consistent with breast implant displacement ("bottoming out”).
It is possible that you are feeling the implants significantly along the lower poles of the breasts.  Also, consistent with the breast implant positioning problem, the nipple areola complexes seem to be sitting relatively high, because the breast implants have settled too low.

I think you will benefit from revisionary breast surgery which will likely involve capsulorraphy ( internal suture repair). This procedure serves to reconstruct the lower poles of the breasts and prevent migration of the breast implants too far inferiorly. Associated issues with positioning of nipple/areola complexes should improve with this operation.

Generally speaking, the use of acellular dermal matrix or bio synthetic mesh for patients in your situation may be helpful occasionally. This material may be helpful as a supportive matrix and help with the breast implant displacement/malposition you are experiencing. I usually recommend their use depending on the patient's anatomy ( for example quality/elasticity of the involved skin) and past surgical history.

You may find the attached link, dedicated to revisionary breast surgery (demonstrating many cases of corrective surgery for patients with "bottoming out" of breast implants) helpful to you as you learn more.

My 450cc implants look saggy

Not sure if your implants are sub glandular but they definitely appear to be too big for your breast pocket and the implants appear to have bottomed out. Best to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to see if a lift and/or pocket change can help improve the overall breast shape/appearance. Good luck!