I had my lipo on June 24th. Every time I eat my abdomen gets incredibly hard?

I am 67 years old is that an issue as well? Could it be that I am eating too much./ He took off 3 and 1/2 liters of fat from my abdomen flanks upper and abdomen upper and lower.

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you see your surgeon to discuss your concerns and for an evaluation at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

When in Doubt, get a consultation

This is tough to answer without an evaluation. I recommend following up with your Dr. for a formal evaluation to determine cause. This could be normal muscle weakness you're feeling with distension from eating.  Post liposuction you can have scar tissue that takes 6-12 months to resolve.  Venus legacy, exilis or vanquish treatments can help.  See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Post lipo abdomen is hard

Thank you for your question. It probably your lax muscles with distension you are feeling it. I recommend you to see your PS for evaluation.

Swelling after liposuction when I eat

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

1. Your surgeon is the one to best advise you -
  2. You had a standard liposuction but at 67, your muscles may not be as strong.
  3. It is possible that you are seeing your stomach show through thin skin and weak muscle, and if so, this may be entirely normal.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS